Official Game Thread 8/4 - Sox vs Jays 6:05

that's it.. pull him. dont let jon walk away with a ND or Loss here.

He gave him the chance to learn from his mistake on Glaus, and let him compete against him. It won't always work out but Glaus has a few holes that can be exploited ... 6-4-3 and out.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 06:02 PM)
That should be it for Garland. Except for 1 pitch, he was very good yet again, and should get the win with a little help from the bullpen.

His only subpar start (of late) was the last outing in which he was battling a viral infection. He truly is our "ace".

His only subpar start (of late) was the last outing in which he was battling a viral infection. He truly is our "ace".

I know he's had some good starts of late, but he's had more bad outings than good ones this season. That doesn't make for much of an ace. He's still Judy in my book, with an ERA appropriate for a #5 starter.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 08:04 PM)
I know he's had some good starts of late, but he's had more bad outings than good ones this season. That doesn't make for much of an ace. He's still Judy in my book, with an ERA appropriate for a #5 starter.

He's the closest thing we have right now. At the very least he's been a stopper.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 06:04 PM)

Ya, afterall, take away the first two months of the season and no starter on our staff is even close to him. Than here was last year where he was our best and most consistent pitcher. Without Jon we'd be about 4 more games back. He's been the only going doing anything in this rotation since the break.

Afterall since like July 6th...Javier Vazquez and Count have 2 wins. They are the only starters to have wins IIRC, aside from Jon who is 6-0 and we'll see if he can go to 7-0.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 08:04 PM)

I've given him a hard time this year, and you're right, the ERA is bloated, but if he gets the win tonight, he would be 12-3. You really can't complain about that.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 08:07 PM)
From what I've seen, Halladay has been off tonight. Wow.

When he's faced PK or Thome, he's been pitching a bit scared it seemed like.