Official College Football Thread

QUOTE(T R U @ Aug 28, 2006 -> 12:22 PM)
Rhett Bomar just transfered to my school (Sam Houston State) today..

I am calling it right now (If he can play) we will beat Texas at Texas :ph34r:

That be one of the biggest upsets of the year. I assume he is ineligible until next season?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might get my wish....

This is from the Canes AD:

"We've been in touch with the Orange Bowl and the city," Dee said. "Everybody feels comfortable that everything's going to be okay. We have to check on contingencies. The first choice was Dolphins Stadium, but the Marlins are home Monday. That became non-feasible. We've looked at other major stadiums around the state. Jacksonville and Orlando have said they're available. We haven't talked to anybody about pricing, their ability to do it. We'll do that on Wednesday after the storm passes, at the latest Thursday (if the Orange Bowl is damaged).

The OB is really old and it wouldn't take much to damage it. If the games in Jax I am definately driving 2 hours to see the game.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 28, 2006 -> 04:30 PM)
That be one of the biggest upsets of the year. I assume he is ineligible until next season?

Nope.. Bomar can play this season if the NCAA restates him which I assume wont be a problem..

If Texas struggles with a new quarterback ide say we have a shot, but chances are we will not win the game.. You never know though, were getting a guy who started as a freshman on a powerhouse program..

QUOTE(T R U @ Aug 28, 2006 -> 06:49 PM)
Nope.. Bomar can play this season if the NCAA restates him which I assume wont be a problem..

If Texas struggles with a new quarterback ide say we have a shot, but chances are we will not win the game.. You never know though, were getting a guy who started as a freshman on a powerhouse program..

I'll bet you a large sack of cash that even if Bomar plays, you guys will not beat Texas.

Back to the proper sig for whats coming up in 2 days!! Lots of unknowns for this years USC team, a VERY young defense, an offense in its 2nd year under Spurrier, one of the best recievers in the country, and a real dangerous game on the road to open the season against a hungry Mississippi State team on national TV....this is a trap game.

If I was a betting man, I would bet on GT making a very strong showing against ND. Tenuta is a buttwipe of a man, but a heck of a defensive mind. Ball and Calvin will be tough to stop as well. I know the ND guys on the board will disagree.

Edited by Palehosefan

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 12:15 PM)
If I was a betting man, I would beg on GT making a very strong showing against ND. Tenuta is a buttwipe of a man, but a heck of a defensive mind. Ball and Calvin will be tough to stop as well. I know the ND guys on the board will disagree.

I actually agree with you. I've been calling the upset for a while now, but I'm just not confident enough to bet it.