Official College Football Thread

Lloyd Carr just proving again that he can not get a team ready for a bowl game after a long lay off while other great coaches like Carroll can.

And no, I'm not implying Carr is great by an means in any aspect of coaching.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 1, 2007 -> 06:01 PM)
Hmm... that looked like the ball was coming loose before the ball his knee hit the ground.

Yup, too bad the ref blew the whistle prematurely. Oh well.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jan 1, 2007 -> 06:15 PM)
Michigan showing why they weren't selected to the championship game.

Which has zero to do with preparing for this game. The fact they are playing like sh*t doesn't change the fact that Michigan had a gripe to play on Jan 8.

I'm not so sure preparation is as much the problem as USC exposing Michigan's secondary, especially Morgan Trent and Willis Barringer. OSU did the same thing. USC is doing a good job of rolling the pocket away from Lamar Woodley, making him ineffective.

USC is just extremely talented and when they are focused, they are damned good. I think they would have made for an excellent matchup against OSU.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 1, 2007 -> 06:59 PM)
Which has zero to do with preparing for this game. The fact they are playing like sh*t doesn't change the fact that Michigan had a gripe to play on Jan 8.

Still at it huh? Even though you had your Big Ten title game, had to win it to make it and didnt. Michigan just isnt good enough to be called or even considered the best team in the land, period.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jan 1, 2007 -> 07:09 PM)
I'm not so sure preparation is as much the problem as USC exposing Michigan's secondary, especially Morgan Trent and Willis Barringer. OSU did the same thing. USC is doing a good job of rolling the pocket away from Lamar Woodley, making him ineffective.

USC is just extremely talented and when they are focused, they are damned good. I think they would have made for an excellent matchup against OSU.

Over 350+ yards in the air two games in a row? yeah I would say their main weakness has been exposed, that and the horrible coaching for big games of Lloyd Carr.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 01:13 AM)
This is why USC/OSU would have been the best championship game; too bad they had to blow it vs UCLA.

Nice season Michigan, but now you can stop complaining.

i totally agree that usc/osu would be a better game than florida/osu. usc screwed that bad though.

as for michigan, they looked like they were totally unprepared. another bad loss for lllllloyd.

#11, Drisan James, is really fast. He had the wide open long TD earlier, and just before half, makes an amazing play and TD on a throwback screen. Smurfs up 21-10 at the break, and they got the ball to start the 2nd. I wouldn't mind them winning, even if it costs me a 200 dollar winning sum. :(