Official College Football Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 12:13 AM)
It depends if they want to use their ballot in such a manner. They held on against a team that while top 10, isn't close to being national championship caliber. I'd likely vote them 4th or 5th in the final poll depending on the results of other teams, but I fear that enough people might give them enough votes to leapfrog someone more deserving. I know it dosn't mean a whole lot, but that's how I feel.

I think OSU, Florida, USC and LSU are teams that are better than them.

I'm not arguing that point. But somebody giving them a tip of the cap, so to speak, is hardly douche baggery.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 12:15 AM)
So what was better, BSU-OU or USC-Texas?

That's like choosing a favorite child. I can't do it. But I can't get enough Vince Young and have a deep and utter hatred for USC and Pete Carroll so maybe that's why.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 12:19 AM)
I'm not arguing that point. But somebody giving them a tip of the cap, so to speak, is hardly douche baggery.

That's the douchebag sportswriter in me talking. :D

I just hope I don't have to hear about Boise State deserving #1 votes. They may get them, but they won't deserve them.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 1, 2007 -> 10:21 PM)
That's the douchebag sportswriter in me talking. :D

I just hope I don't have to hear about Boise State deserving #1 votes. They may get them, but they won't deserve them.

So, not saying this is going to happen but it's an interesting hypothetical...what happens if Florida wins?

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 01:22 AM)
That's fine and all, but my point still stands.

I could pick literally billions of people to broadcast the game worse than Thom did. And after seeing one of the greatest football games ever and you nitpick the broadcaster, something tells me you might have missed the ridiculousness that was the last 10 minutes of the game.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 12:29 AM)
I could pick literally billions of people to broadcast the game worse than Thom did. And after seeing one of the greatest football games ever and you nitpick the broadcaster, something tells me you might have missed the ridiculousness that was the last 10 minutes of the game.

I could care less how many you find. His random out-of-place cheerleader rant began to overshadow what was happening on the field.

BTW, the constant David v. Goliath references got old fast. They weren't 30 point underdogs.

Furthemore, i wasn't the first one to bring it up, which means i'm not the only one to "nit pick" this.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 01:32 AM)
I could care less how many you find. His random out-of-place cheerleader rant began to overshadow what was happening on the field.

BTW, the constant David v. Goliath references got old fast. They weren't 30 point underdogs.

Furthemore, i wasn't the first one to bring it up, which means i'm not the only one to "nit pick" this.

Oh Jesus. If you can't find anything good to say, go place your neck in the path of the nearest operating circular saw. I think that's how my Mom told it to me.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 12:29 AM)

Are you suggesting Jason Cage?

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 1, 2007 -> 10:32 PM)

At least as a person who isn't a fan of Oklahoma and usually roots for the underdogs, I thought Thom was doing a fine job of saying pretty much what I was thinking throughout that whole fourth quarter.

I'm absolutely shocked that Wisconsin won today considering they had so much trouble moving the ball on the ground all afternoon. Pretty remarkable, but the Big Ten could escape with wins in 3 of the 7 bowl games.

It's not that I hate the Big Ten, I just seriously dislike Michigan.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 06:34 AM)
Oh Jesus. If you can't find anything good to say, go place your neck in the path of the nearest operating circular saw. I think that's how my Mom told it to me.

Wow, only two posts for the 'better-than-thou' bulls*** to come out. Must be a record. Don't debate the topic at hand, though...

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 1, 2007 -> 10:28 PM)
A Michigan win over USC would have gone a ways towards destroying the BCS

I actually have less of a problem with the Michigan matter than I do with the potential of an unbeaten team not winning it in favor of a once-beaten team.

I mean, one thing that would have driven me nuts...Michigan/OSU rematch, Michigan wins that game...what do you have, OSU winning the Big 10 and Michigan winning the national champiionship? that's F***ed up right there.