Official College Football Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 09:32 PM)
Two straight Clones games that were way closer than they should be. God, this means they are gonna just whipe the floor against the Hawkeyes.

I sure hope Tate is 100% for the Cyclone game, we will need him, especially considering how ISU always brings there A game for us and we usually bring about our C game.

I agree. Iowa has no shot. They don't have a QB, a kicker, a RB who can rush for a 100 yards, or a wide receiver who can catch the ball. They're screwed.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 07:57 PM)
I agree. Iowa has no shot. They don't have a QB, a kicker, a RB who can rush for a 100 yards, or a wide receiver who can catch the ball. They're screwed.

Exactly...I'm glad your buying into my sarcasm. The last couple years I've expected annhilation and been let down, it won't happen again this year. We got home field advantage and will be well prepared (all Ferentz teams are).

Setting the scene.......UNLV appears to complete a pass on 2nd down to a reciever at the ISU 15 or so wiht like 25 seconds left. It appaerared there was a fumble but no call. Since the clock was running, the UNLV QB got the team to the line with 2 seconds left and spiked it. All of a sudden, play stops. The call was under review for apprximately 10 minutes, and 5 seconds were put back on the clock, giving them third down. Five phantom seconds appeared out of nowhere....but it didn't matter as the final play took the time off the clock. Steichen passed it to the back of the endzone where the guy caught the ball out of bounds......then things got weird. ISU waited for about a minute atnd ran off the field. UNLV didn't leave. As ISU ran off, a UNLV player went to midfield and jumped up and down on the logo. That got the crowd pissed. Then UNLV refused to leave.....and no one knows why yet. About 15,000 of the 45,000 waited approximately 10 minutes until UNLV left. The players ran off like they had just won, jumping up and down and holding helmets high in the air.

Strangest f***ing thing.

On a side note, apparently I got tipsy before the game. I just felt buzzed but apparently it was hilarious. Row44 will be happy to know this.

EDIT: The play was reversed.....it was initially ruled a fumble recovered by the receiver but then it was changed to incomplete.......but why did it take so damn long?

AMES, Iowa (AP) -- UNLV players, angry that officials ruled Shane Steichen's pass into the end zone on the final play was incomplete, refused to leave the field for about 15 minutes following Iowa State's 16-10 victory Saturday night.

The Rebels congregated at midfield, yelling at officials and shaking their helmets before coaches were finally able to convince them to head to the locker room.

The bizarre sequence of events began on the game's second-to-last play, when UNLV's Casey Flair recovered his own fumble on the Iowa State 11 following a catch. The Cyclones (2-0) asked for a replay to determine whether Flair had even made the catch, but the call was upheld and the Rebels (1-1) had one last shot with 7 seconds left.

Steichen threw the ball into a gaggle of players at the back of the end zone. The players from Iowa State acted as if the game was over, but Aaron Straiten then came out of the end zone holding the ball.

Officials ruled that the pass was incomplete, setting off the protests from UNLV.

He'll start, but he won't be 100%.

Lot's of interesting questions....

Will Albert Young finally break out?

Will Drew Tate be healthy enough to pick on a shaky ISU pass defense?

Can the Iowa DB's handle the ISU WR?

Will ISU throw the f***in ball to Blythe?

ISU should (theoretically) pick apart the Iowa secondary, but it seems like we've been trying too hard to f*** ourselves over.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 09:31 PM)
He'll start, but he won't be 100%.

Lot's of interesting questions....

Will Albert Young finally break out?

Will Drew Tate be healthy enough to pick on a shaky ISU pass defense?

Can the Iowa DB's handle the ISU WR?

Will ISU throw the f***in ball to Blythe?

ISU should (theoretically) pick apart the Iowa secondary, but it seems like we've been trying too hard to f*** ourselves over.

I imagine they can cover a 13.5 spread?

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Sep 14, 2006 -> 08:44 PM)
lmao at the ACC, it is amazingly bad this year. I don't think a single team in the league truly belongs in the BCS games.

I told you North Carolina wouldn't beat VT. The ACC is pretty bad but there are still 4 legitimate contenders in Boston College, Florida State, Miami, and Virginia Tech. VT is looking pretty good this year and FSU is gonna get a BCS bowl, book it.

Yeah, VT is really going to struggle throwing the ball. Sean Glennon just isn't very good at all. Unfortunately UNC's QB's were even worse. I would rank the top 5 ACC teams in this order right now.

1. FSU

2. BC

3. Miami

4. Clemson

5. Virginia Tech

FSU has the talent and the unblemished record as of now to possibly earn the BCS bid. Then again I fully expect both FSU and Miami to meet in the championship game again unless Glennon actually finds an arm. I have a feeling the entire league is going to be in for a defensive struggle week in and week out.