Official College Football Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(danman31 @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 02:28 AM)
Mizzou is 4-0 and ranked #25 in the AP poll. I know they've played very mediocre competition, but they have looked good in the games. This week against Ohio they were pretty sloppy, but the defense looks amazing. #1 in the country in yards against per game. :headbang

keep going higher, this will make it so much more wonderful when we beat you for the what 3rd or 4th year in a row.

Haha, actually way to make the big 12 north look a wee bit better. Maybe we can join you guys if we can beat nebraska, naaaaa

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 12:56 PM)
keep going higher, this will make it so much more wonderful when we beat you for the what 3rd or 4th year in a row.

Haha, actually way to make the big 12 north look a wee bit better. Maybe we can join you guys if we can beat nebraska, naaaaa

Missouri/Kansas is the dumbest rivalry ever. There is no reason for the two schools to hate each other, at all. Neither one of them are both good at a sport lately anyway. But hey, at least Mizzou isn't losing to Toledo.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 04:55 PM)
Missouri/Kansas is the dumbest rivalry ever. There is no reason for the two schools to hate each other, at all. Neither one of them are both good at a sport lately anyway. But hey, at least Mizzou isn't losing to Toledo.

spoken like a true missouri fan. KU has kicked the crud out of you in every sport since i started my kansas viewing, 6 years ago. Missouri fans freakin hate the jayhawks, if you dont believe it, open your mouth and talk to some of your other classmates, not the chicago kids. I cannot wait to watch Mangino beat Pinky again this year. Then, it gets even more fun with Mike Anderson, im bubbling with glee.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 11:49 PM)
spoken like a true missouri fan. KU has kicked the crud out of you in every sport since i started my kansas viewing, 6 years ago. Missouri fans freakin hate the jayhawks, if you dont believe it, open your mouth and talk to some of your other classmates, not the chicago kids. I cannot wait to watch Mangino beat Pinky again this year. Then, it gets even more fun with Mike Anderson, im bubbling with glee.

I'm sorry hasn't Kansas lost 2 in a row in Columbia in basketball to piss poor teams? You're right Missouri fans hate Kansas and Kansas fans hate Missouri. You obviously are included because you decided to talk trash when it's quite clear which of the two teams has performed better so far this year and I didn't direct anything towards Kansas. Stop picking a fight, you're just being an asshole.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Sep 26, 2006 -> 07:43 AM)
I'm sorry hasn't Kansas lost 2 in a row in Columbia in basketball to piss poor teams? You're right Missouri fans hate Kansas and Kansas fans hate Missouri. You obviously are included because you decided to talk trash when it's quite clear which of the two teams has performed better so far this year and I didn't direct anything towards Kansas. Stop picking a fight, you're just being an asshole.

im not picking a fight, go back and you will see i was praising missouri. It was tongue in cheek, but i said your ranking is making the big 12 north look good. I was just saying if we beat you again, it will make us look better, since your a ranked team.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 24, 2006 -> 10:22 PM)
ND is bad for one reason - team speed. There is no speed on defense and will continue to get scored upon by any team with good speed.

Tom Zibikowski is pretty damn fast. I know he's white, but he's fast.

EDIT: I posit that the defensive problems for ND are more related to a weak front 7. Willingham was absolutely awful at recruiting Linemen and Linebackers of any variety (to his credit he did a fair job at recruiting skill position players for whatever reason). I think in his last 2 recruiting seasons, he landed 4 linemen which is absolutely pathetic for a big time program. Unfortunately, the defense is very weak as a result. I think Weis is doing a pretty good job of getting some great players (he's gotten some top defensive backs in his 3 classes, hopefully he can find some linemen).

Edited by Wedge

Just like ISU absoultely despises Kansas in basketball. I'd say they are bigger rivals than Iowa for men's basketball.

Missouri just makes another ranked opponent for the Clones this year.....I think they (ISU) are the third best team in the North. I just have visions of Chase Daniel destroying us.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 08:22 AM)
Tom Zibikowski is pretty damn fast. I know he's white, but he's fast.

EDIT: I posit that the defensive problems for ND are more related to a weak front 7. Willingham was absolutely awful at recruiting Linemen and Linebackers of any variety (to his credit he did a fair job at recruiting skill position players for whatever reason). I think in his last 2 recruiting seasons, he landed 4 linemen which is absolutely pathetic for a big time program. Unfortunately, the defense is very weak as a result. I think Weis is doing a pretty good job of getting some great players (he's gotten some top defensive backs in his 3 classes, hopefully he can find some linemen).

Mentioning him as someone who is pretty damn fast comparative-wise shows how slow the team really is.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 11:23 AM)
Mentioning him as someone who is pretty damn fast comparative-wise shows how slow the team really is.

Not comparatively. Zibby is fast. If you watched the Fiesta Bowl, you saw him making up ground on Holmes and Ginn on their long runs. He also caught Reggie Bush from behind last year, too. He's fast.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 03:11 PM)
Not comparatively. Zibby is fast. If you watched the Fiesta Bowl, you saw him making up ground on Holmes and Ginn on their long runs. He also caught Reggie Bush from behind last year, too. He's fast.

Making up ground as they were high-stepping into the end zone? There is one reason why they got schooled by OSU's speed, their defense is slow. If he is your "speed guy" on the defense, you are in trouble.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Sep 28, 2006 -> 12:05 PM)
KU is on the road at nebraska this weekend.

This is our 3rd of 4 straight weeks of national TV. how weird is that??

If KU can win like last year, we would be 4-1...how weird is that haha

If KU could pull off the upset, it'd sure help ISU. When's the last time the Jayhawks won in Lincoln?

The 2 things I went into this year skeptical of among the top 5 were Auburn and the Notre Dame defense, and I've yet to see anything to change my mind. However, I can't wait for Ohio State at Iowa. Despite the fact Ohio State is superior at every spot except TE and Kicker, I think the night game at Kinnick factor will keep it close.