Official College Football Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Oct 14, 2006 -> 03:29 PM)
Hooray Iowa football...apparently Iowa fans didn't rush the field after this one

:lolhitting

Nice.

Wooooo!!!! #15 goes down in B-Town!

This easily has to be one of the greatest weekends ever in IU athletics with Eric Gordon, Hoosier Hysteria, and today with the win over Iowa. Ridiculous.

BTW Heads, Bob Sanders and Dallas Clark were on the sideline.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 14, 2006 -> 03:23 PM)
:lolhitting

Nice.

Wooooo!!!! #15 goes down in B-Town!

This easily has to be one of the greatest weekends ever in IU athletics with Eric Gordon, Hoosier Hysteria, and today with the win over Iowa. Ridiculous.

BTW Heads, Bob Sanders and Dallas Clark were on the sideline.

i told you that you guys would compete.

Joe Novak cost his team their season and his running back a trip to New York by starting the wrong QB. He's done a great job with his program, but he should be ashamed of himself today.

Seeing Iowa suffer and lose to a team that barely beat Illinois and Ball State and lost to Southern Illinois was fun though.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 14, 2006 -> 07:30 PM)
Undebateable now, since SIU won by 7 at Indy and Iowa lost by 7. But what does this say about Illinois State, who DESTROYED the Dawgs in Normal today?

Um...er...eh...cough....don't change the subject. :unsure:

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 14, 2006 -> 07:30 PM)
Undebateable now, since SIU won by 7 at Indy and Iowa lost by 7. But what does this say about Illinois State, who DESTROYED the Dawgs in Normal today?

Don't tell me you actually subscribe to this logic

Huge brawl in the Miami game...go figure

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 14, 2006 -> 08:20 PM)
That was a hell of a brawl in that FIU/Miami game. But then again, those 2 teams are full of 305 thugs, so it's certainly not a surprise to see. And for the record, that's not racist, it's proven fact.

I think it is safe to say that this cemented the firing of Larry Coker.

I am not going to defend the Miami players for fighting. They should have never been running onto the field like that to start with, they know better than that.. but...

I just love how its Miami's fault. There are two teams on that field, and if anyone saw any of the game then they would know that FIU was instigating the whole thing from the opening kick off. Just about every play there was a FIU player trying to start something. From piling up after plays, to pushing and shoving, getting slapped in the back of the head and elbows being thrown on a safety after he makes an INT and gets tackled. I also find it funny that no one on tv is talking about the FIU player swinging his crutches around at Miami players, just Reddick using his helmet as a weapon.

and one of the commentators was Lamar Thomas. he played in the thug years and he is part of Miami that Butch Davis and Coker are trying to get away from.

QUOTE(zenryan @ Oct 15, 2006 -> 01:01 AM)
I am not going to defend the Miami players for fighting. They should have never been running onto the field like that to start with, they know better than that.. but...

I just love how its Miami's fault. There are two teams on that field, and if anyone saw any of the game then they would know that FIU was instigating the whole thing from the opening kick off. Just about every play there was a FIU player trying to start something. From piling up after plays, to pushing and shoving, getting slapped in the back of the head and elbows being thrown on a safety after he makes an INT and gets tackled. I also find it funny that no one on tv is talking about the FIU player swinging his crutches around at Miami players, just Reddick using his helmet as a weapon.

and one of the commentators was Lamar Thomas. he played in the thug years and he is part of Miami that Butch Davis and Coker are trying to get away from.

Miami has a reputation. Furthermore, no one cares about FIU in the college football world.