Official College Football Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What can I say. I leave Chicago, the Bears do amazing...I come here and we blow nuts. However, I was at game 2 of the World Series; maybe all my luck ran out there.

Part of me hopes we dont make a bowl game so Bobby has to retire.

Oh, and the black out was f***in sweet. Too bad we lost.

Edited by chimpy2121

Les Miles is such a bad coach, and that will be exposed as time goes on. His awful coaching was a big reason why LSU lost 2 games, and that's a shame, because to me, they are EASILY the 3rd best team I've seen, behind tOSU and Big Blue.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Oct 21, 2006 -> 04:31 PM)
Kiss any chance Garrett Wolfe had at the heisman goodbye.

Last week ended his chances to win, this week ended his chances to go to New York. At least we won and Nicholson got some time at QB. Now I'm just hoping we win out outside of at Iowa, go 8-4, and get that 3rd bowl bid the MAC now has.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 21, 2006 -> 10:56 PM)
Les Miles is such a bad coach, and that will be exposed as time goes on. His awful coaching was a big reason why LSU lost 2 games, and that's a shame, because to me, they are EASILY the 3rd best team I've seen, behind tOSU and Big Blue.

Last week ended his chances to win, this week ended his chances to go to New York. At least we won and Nicholson got some time at QB. Now I'm just hoping we win out outside of at Iowa, go 8-4, and get that 3rd bowl bid the MAC now has.

It doesn't help when he doesn't get the ball either. I know they were passing game was working and he was getting stuff, but he did break a few decent runs. I thought Novak should have left him in a little longer and try to get him at least 100 yards. Yea you are risking injury, but think about how getting him to NY would help recruiting.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 22, 2006 -> 12:18 AM)
I agree. The only team to hold the #2 team in the country under 300 yards this season sucks ass.

Correct. :) Well I've seen them play in person and I've watched almost all of there games this season and they really are bad. They also haven't beat a decent team yet this season.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Oct 21, 2006 -> 11:51 PM)
It doesn't help when he doesn't get the ball either. I know they were passing game was working and he was getting stuff, but he did break a few decent runs. I thought Novak should have left him in a little longer and try to get him at least 100 yards. Yea you are risking injury, but think about how getting him to NY would help recruiting.

Well you can't get him hurt, they were putting 11 in the box so he's not going to find much anyways, and we've already used all but 4 or 5 scholarships on verbals (some public, some not), so the recruiting affect is minimal, although in either case, recruiting at NIU isn't a game of attention anymore, people know who NIU is footballwise, and NIU will continue to get top of the line recruiting classes by MAC standards.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 22, 2006 -> 12:18 AM)
I agree. The only team to hold the #2 team in the country under 300 yards this season sucks ass.

Huh? Big Blue had 330 yards today, and Wisky held them to 310. As for Iowa, their QB is overrated, their running game is wildy inconsistent, Douglas is the only legit WR on the team (Chandler, the TE, is good though) and the run defense, outside of the 1-AA games against Montana, Illinois, and Syracuse, has been terrible.

However, with that said, your still going to go 8-4 or 9-3 if you upset Wisky during a down year, which is quite a statement about the program.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Updated BCS ranking from this week

1 Ohio State 8-0 1 2848 .999 1 1575 1.000 .930 1 .976

2 Michigan 8-0 2 2685 .942 3 1454 .923 .970 3 .945

3 USC 6-0 3 2640 .926 2 1469 .933 .970 2 .943

4 West Virginia 7-0 4 2480 .870 4 1394 .885 .510 5 .755

5 Auburn 7-1 7 2114 .742 7 1178 .748 .750 4 .747

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Oct 23, 2006 -> 12:18 PM)
Drew Tate out vs. N.Ill.

Might as well start getting our future guys some rep's. Tate has been hurt all season and its cost us a few games (well that and a good chunk of the rest of the team being hurt). That game against IU really hurt cause we would have been locks for 2 to 3 losses (depending on the Wiscy game) and a Jan 1st bowl game (even in a very down year).

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Oct 23, 2006 -> 02:18 PM)
Drew Tate out vs. N.Ill.

That's interesting. Our run defense is actually top 25 in the land and #2 in our league, so combine that with no Tate at QB, which will somewhat help our horrid pass d, as well as the fact we might FINALLY start Nicholson at QB, and we could at least make this game competitive.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=141330

Please, please, please Bobby retire. Norm Chow is too good to pass up for a team with this much talent. Please Bobby!

Speaking of Bobby, he thinks the program is fine right now. 4-3 with wins over Duke, Miami, Troy, and Rice, and no ACC home wins. He thinks we're alright.....No Bobby, you're wrong; we suck.

If you want to be a top 10 team, you need to dominate teams like MSU.

ND lost at home to UM 47-21

Wisconsin lost away to UM 27-13

1 team has constantly been around top 10, the other team for the first time has cracked the top 20.

I dont think ND is a top 10 team. Thats the reason ND is sliding down. Because if you watch them play, you realize that they are not that good.

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Oct 24, 2006 -> 08:03 PM)
And what about USC?

And Tennessee had the same kinda game we did, and they jumped us... Then theres Florida, who didnt even play, who also jumped us.

USC hasn't lost a game and has wins against Nebraska and Arkansas.

Notre Dame has beaten a decent but not great Georgia Tech team that just got pounded by Clemson. They got their asses kicked by Michigan. Barely beat bad MSU and UCLA teams. Florida has beaten Tennessee and LSU. Tennessee has wins over Cal and Georgia. I fail to see what ND has done to be ranked above any of those teams other than be ranked higher to begin the season. Fact of the matter is that Notre Dame hasn't done a anything to show they are a top 10 team.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 24, 2006 -> 07:14 PM)
USC hasn't lost a game and has wins against Nebraska and Arkansas.

Notre Dame has beaten a decent but not great Georgia Tech team that just got pounded by Clemson. They got their asses kicked by Michigan. Barely beat bad MSU and UCLA teams. Florida has beaten Tennessee and LSU. Tennessee has wins over Cal and Georgia. I fail to see what ND has done to be ranked above any of those teams other than be ranked higher to begin the season. Fact of the matter is that Notre Dame hasn't done a anything to show they are a top 10 team.

Notre Dame has done just as much as Florida and Tennessee that they are a top 10 team. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 24, 2006 -> 07:52 PM)
Not exactly. The teams ahead of you are winning, winning more impressively, and just generally are better.

Texas with the impressive win against Nebraska. Florida with the impressive win versus... nobody.