Official College Football Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Nov 2, 2006 -> 10:39 PM)
Where? I never saw it.

When I wrote that post their defense WAS impressive. They kept holding Louisville to FGs. For the 2nd half that is another story.

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Nov 4, 2006 -> 05:04 PM)
ND wins big...... Quinn with an outstanding game.

Its freakin UNC and ND was at home.

I really think ND will have a hard time beating AirForce.

Edited by THEWOOD

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Nov 4, 2006 -> 11:47 PM)
When I wrote that post their defense WAS impressive. They kept holding Louisville to FGs. For the 2nd half that is another story.

Yeah they blew them out in the 4th quarter....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Also its freakin UNC and ND was at home.

I really think ND will have a hard time beating AirForce.

OSU is certainly the best team in the country, but no team is immune from a bad game. It is funny that you talk trash about the ND's performance, yet OSU was outgained and needed to hold on against a two-eight UI team(although they have played better of late). ND's win, as unimpressive as it was(although they did outplay them and probably could have ran the score up in the fourth quarter if they left their starters in), was probably more impressive than the OSU's win. Just goes to show you that anything can happen on any given Saturday. Other powers, like Michigan and Florida also struggled(more so than ND) against mediocre(AT BEST) opponents, and yet people still focus on ND. ND isn't a national championship calibur team, but they are a very good team with a few flaws(which is what keeps them from challenging for a national championship).

In regards to AF, another power(Tenn) struggled against AF and only beat them by one AT HOME, so does that mean that ND will be better than Tenn if they go to Colorado Springs and win by more than one? Or should we just focus on ND when they don't blowout a team that they should? Bias much??? ALL the top teams have some question mark type performances on their schedule, yet people only focus on ND's so-so performances.

I was simply responding to his post.

Having to hold off UI is a bit much. OSU played like s*** in the second half and UI came up with a big play late.

Also I think Tennessee is garbage. ND is not good, thats just my opinion.

Also want to add that I it is good for BOTH OSU and UM to have won close games to mediocre teams today. It will bring both of them down to earth and show them that they still need to concentrate on the game of the week and not look ahead.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 4, 2006 -> 11:37 PM)
Iowa's defense was real bad today, but the fact they played their 2nd best QB didn't help. And that Illinois game was only a mild surprise (I figured OSU by 14 or 17) to me, the Illini defense is real good, the offense is....well not so much. Not sure WTF Michigan was doing though.

Where the hell was their defense against Indiana then?

QUOTE(whitesox61382 @ Nov 4, 2006 -> 06:14 PM)
OSU is certainly the best team in the country, but no team is immune from a bad game. It is funny that you talk trash about the ND's performance, yet OSU was outgained and needed to hold on against a two-eight UI team(although they have played better of late). ND's win, as unimpressive as it was(although they did outplay them and probably could have ran the score up in the fourth quarter if they left their starters in), was probably more impressive than the OSU's win. Just goes to show you that anything can happen on any given Saturday.

If you watched the OSU game at all, Tressel put the playbook away for the second half, also the d didnt give up much all game.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 5, 2006 -> 10:49 AM)
I really am not an ND fan, or college fan for that matter, but it was a blast, and the seats were incredible.

Saturdays at Notre Dame are a neat experience whether you like the Irish or not.

Edited by knightni

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Nov 5, 2006 -> 12:27 AM)
Also I think Tennessee is garbage.

Tennessee is garbage? Have you watched any of their games? They have 2 losses. 1 was a one-pt. loss to Florida (a game in which they returned an INT for a TD, but it got called back b/c of a phantom hit on Leak's head... they said the DL that forced the bad throw/INT hit Leak in the face w/ his hand, when on replay you could see that he barely grazed the helmet, and really just hit the shoulder pad). The other loss being last night, where Russell cleary fumbled on the last drive for LSU, but the refs f***ed up and blew the whistle BEFORE he was down, so they couldn't review the play. Oh, and 3 1/2 quarters of the game was played by our backup QB against the best defense in the country, and we still should have won if for not getting f***ed over by the refs. So, if TN gets that TD against Florida, and the refs don't f*** up the Russell fumble, then we're undefeated, and either in 2nd or 3rd in the BCS.

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Nov 5, 2006 -> 09:58 PM)
Tennessee is garbage? Have you watched any of their games? They have 2 losses. 1 was a one-pt. loss to Florida (a game in which they returned an INT for a TD, but it got called back b/c of a phantom hit on Leak's head... they said the DL that forced the bad throw/INT hit Leak in the face w/ his hand, when on replay you could see that he barely grazed the helmet, and really just hit the shoulder pad). The other loss being last night, where Russell cleary fumbled on the last drive for LSU, but the refs f***ed up and blew the whistle BEFORE he was down, so they couldn't review the play. Oh, and 3 1/2 quarters of the game was played by our backup QB against the best defense in the country, and we still should have won if for not getting f***ed over by the refs. So, if TN gets that TD against Florida, and the refs don't f*** up the Russell fumble, then we're undefeated, and either in 2nd or 3rd in the BCS.

While I agree TN is not bad, theres a lot of 'If's" in that paragraph.

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Nov 5, 2006 -> 03:58 PM)

yawn....... Tennessee is one of the luckiest team's I have ever seen. If they were the recipient of a couple of bad calls then life sucks for them. Tennessee is a solid team, but they are not that good.

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Nov 5, 2006 -> 03:58 PM)

Somebody has a case of the "Ifs"

:crying

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Nov 5, 2006 -> 10:01 PM)
theres a lot of 'If's" in that paragraph.

Actually, there are only 2. Two plays go a different way, and we're undefeated. However, if a couple plays in other games went different ways, then we could have 3-4 losses, so I'm not gonna complain. All I'm saying is that UT is a Top 10-15 team, in my opinion. Definitely not "garbage," though I guess I'm biased.