Official College Football Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found yet another way to lose a game against a Top 15 team. This South Carolina team has been in every game until teh last minute, and always finds a way to lose. I think its 4 straight games now that the secondary has gone for the INT instead of knocking the ball down, and it resulting in a TD for the other team. It was the difference last week against Arkansas, and today against Tennessee...not to mention a 6'6" guy blocking any kick that was tried.

I guess only having 6 scholarship seniors on a very young team, you should expect some tough losses.....but this is just an extremely painful year.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Nov 11, 2006 -> 06:20 PM)
Just found yet another way to lose a game against a Top 15 team. This South Carolina team has been in every game until teh last minute, and always finds a way to lose. I think its 4 straight games now that the secondary has gone for the INT instead of knocking the ball down, and it resulting in a TD for the other team. It was the difference last week against Arkansas, and today against Tennessee...not to mention a 6'6" guy blocking any kick that was tried.

I guess only having 6 scholarship seniors on a very young team, you should expect some tough losses.....but this is just an extremely painful year.

Yes! I made that sig for you like 2 years ago!

So, Wisconsin should have lost. If Iowa had any WR's we'd probably be a 2 loss team (only losses to OSU and Michigan). We played hard yet lost.

Definately a tough season but they got some legit talent coming in but wow it sucked we couldn't have given Tate some play-makers during his senior year.

Wiscy's QB who played for Stocco looked damn good cause without him you guys get demolished (since they had zero rushing game).

So, barring a late collapse against the Ducks from the men of Troy, after tonight, we know that the BCS Championship game is going to be the winner of OSU-Mich... And, in all likelihood, the winner of the USC-ND game.

I've got the BCS rankings looking something like this tomorrow

OSU

MICH

Florida/USC (close for 3rd)

ND

Rutgers

Arkansas

WV

LSU

Wisconsin

BSU

If USC loses to Cal, they may take ND's title hopes with them, especially if ARK and FLA meet in the SEC championship game with 1-loss a piece.

A few weeks ago I figured I had $50 in the bank with ND buried around number 10, now it's no sure thing.

Lots of possabilities in the BCS:

-OSU/UM rematch?

-Rutgers in with a win over WVU?

-Many possible "play-in" type games with OSU/UM, Ark/FLA, USC/ND.

Yeah, looking at the BCS numbers more closely, I wouldn't be surprised to see Rutgers ranked anywhere from 3-6 on Sunday. They're going to take a huge jump in the harris and USA Today polls with all the other teams losing, which is where they were being "underrated."

If they end up 3 or 4 this week, they'll be in with a win over WVU (which I don't think they'll get)

It's really kinda shaping up like a playoff down the stretch. That's a pretty novel idea.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Nov 12, 2006 -> 12:10 AM)
Yeah, looking at the BCS numbers more closely, I wouldn't be surprised to see Rutgers ranked anywhere from 3-6 on Sunday. They're going to take a huge jump in the harris and USA Today polls with all the other teams losing, which is where they were being "underrated."

If they end up 3 or 4 this week, they'll be in with a win over WVU (which I don't think they'll get)

It's really kinda shaping up like a playoff down the stretch. That's a pretty novel idea.

Yeah, I highly doubt Rutgers beats WVU, but with the wave of emotion and momentum they are riding on anything can happen. God I hope they do win though. :)

If OSU beats UM in a close one at the Horseshoe, a rematch is the way to go, JMO.

As far as ND's chances go, if USC losses to Cal they are in a world of hurt. A USC loss to Cal obviously knocks out USC, cripples ND. Leaving OSU/UM rematch, Rutgers, and FLA/ARK (assuming both win out) as the only real possibilities.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Nov 12, 2006 -> 12:13 AM)
Well let's set up a scenario:

USC loses to Cal

ND loses to USC

WVU beats Rutgers

FSU beats Florida

Florida beats Arkansas in the SEC champ

Could a Michigan/OSU rematch be set?

Boise State!

In all seriousness, I would bet that Wisconsin tops Michigan in that poll, but falls behind the 1-loss WVU.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Nov 12, 2006 -> 12:13 AM)
Well let's set up a scenario:

USC loses to Cal

ND loses to USC

WVU beats Rutgers

FSU beats Florida

Florida beats Arkansas in the SEC champ

Could a Michigan/OSU rematch be set?

I'm not convinced Notre Dame has much of a shot regardless, for one reason.... How bad Michigan handed it to them. If OSU and Michigan play a good, close game, then I would have a hard time seeing ND step in ahead of either one. I think the greatest likelihood of a rematch would come if Michigan wins a close game.

The SEC right now seems to be the one's that can throw a monkey wrench into rematch enthusiasts plans. Anything can happen in a rivalry game, but I have my doubts FSU will beat Florida. The more likely scenario is Arkansas losing to LSU and then beating Florida in the SEC Championship. Either of these two teams ending the season with one loss deserves to get to the Championship, IMO. Arkansas is a totally different team than the one that lost to USC and are a damned good team. Darren McFadden, if he was more well known coming into the season and if he was healthy for the USC game, would be a top 3 Heisman candidate right now without a doubt. The guy is as good as any RB in college football.

Man, I can't wait to see 35,000 people in Doak for the homecoming game. Maybe that will send a message and wake the players, the coaches, and the brass up. This team is such an embarrassment. No fire, no emotion, no game. Hell, I'm even going to leave at halftime to see the National Championship game.

The players quit on us yesterday (well I know that's a generalization, but when a handfull of players give up on plays and completely stop running, that pisses me off), I wonder if they'll notice that the boosters and the students are about to quit on them too.