Official College Football Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think WIsconsin could have lost, but played well enough to win.

Eventhough Donovan played admirably, Iowa still stacked the line to contain the wisconsin run game. Any game you can win on the road with your back up qb against a team you have had problems with the last few years, is a win you take regardless.

I think the biggest thing was Langford being injured. Almost every big play Iowa had was against some white guy cb that had never played before.

2 big turnovers kept Iowa in the game, but Wisconsin's O-line was giving Donovan all day, and were starting to work the run game before Hill fumbled.

QUOTE(SnB @ Nov 12, 2006 -> 01:43 PM)
if florida wins out, there is no way that they aren't playing for the championship in my book.

If Florida and USC both win out I think USC gets in.

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 12, 2006 -> 04:02 PM)
I think if Michigan or Ohio State loses by 3 or less, there has to be a re-match on Jan 8th. But the BCS will never have two teams in the same conference in the title game.

I disagree. IMO whoever loses should definitely not be in the national championship. This is a play in game for the national championship, everyone knows it and whoever loses had their chance and because of that should not be in the NC imo.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 12, 2006 -> 04:10 PM)
If Florida and USC both win out I think USC gets in.

I disagree. IMO whoever loses should definitely not be in the national championship. This is a play in game for the national championship, everyone knows it and whoever loses had their chance and because of that should not be in the NC imo.

And if it doesn't happen, the system is exploited again. Because it proves that wins earlier in the year are less important than later, and doesn't take into account the quality of the team that you lost to.

For example Florida. They lost to Auburn who is 9-2 and just got rolled by a non ranked Georgia team. IMO, If Ohio State loses to Michigan or vice versa in a close game, a re-match is the right thing because the losing team has lost to an undefeated team as their only loss.

But like I said, the BCS won't let it happen and it all gives me a headache!

Edited by Brian

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 12, 2006 -> 04:12 PM)
And if it doesn't happen, the system is exploited again. Because it proves that wins earlier in the year are less important than later, and doesn't take into account the quality of the team that you lost to.

For example Florida. They lost to Auburn who is 9-2 and just got rolled by a non ranked Georgia team. IMO, If Ohio State loses to Michigan or vice versa in a close game, a re-match is the right thing because the losing team has lost to an undefeated team as their only loss.

We all know the system is flawed and I hate the bcs as much as anyone. I just think at this point if UM loses with a chance to go to the national championship then they should be done, they've lost their shot at the title game. I know that's taking a late season loss more than an early season one but right now I think that's how it should be done.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 12, 2006 -> 04:12 PM)

Well if Michigan wins, you'd have the same argument for ND, if they beat USC.

I also agree with Rowand, I don't think there should be a rematch. And before this weekend killed it anyway, I would have been against a Texas/OSU rematch.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 12, 2006 -> 04:24 PM)
We all know the system is flawed and I hate the bcs as much as anyone. I just think at this point if UM loses with a chance to go to the national championship then they should be done, they've lost their shot at the title game. I know that's taking a late season loss more than an early season one but right now I think that's how it should be done.

So if they lose on the road against the #1 team in the country they should be done? I don't get it. As long as they don't get blown out they would be more deserving than anyone outside of an undefeated Rutgers of getting to play OSU again on a neutral field. Why shouldn't ND be done since they got destroyed by Michigan. Or why shouldn't Florida be done because they lost to an Auburn team that is clearly worse than OSU. Why shouldn't USC be done for losing to a very mediocre Oregon State team. I don't understand why people are so against a rematch in the national championship game. The two most deserving teams should be in that game regardless of whether or not the game is a rematch.

As already stated above. Wins mean more later in the year than early. Case and point would have been if Texas won every game after the OSU loss and Michigans only loss was to OSU. You would have seen OSU vs Texas in the national championship game. It sucks but its just the way the "human" polls work. I think SOS needs to be put back in along with quality wins.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Nov 12, 2006 -> 08:11 PM)
And don't be surprised to see LSU beat Arkansas first.

doesnt matter if they did. Arkansas has a 2 game lead with 2 to play. Arkansas isnt going to lose to Miss St. so they are going to Atlanta regardless.

QUOTE(zenryan @ Nov 12, 2006 -> 11:41 PM)
doesnt matter if they did. Arkansas has a 2 game lead with 2 to play. Arkansas isnt going to lose to Miss St. so they are going to Atlanta regardless.

that has nothing to do with my post........ I was merely pointing out the possibility of zero SEC teams finishing with one loss

Well since I'm in a rant mood, I'll post something I wrote over at Warchant. It explains how pathetic the FSU football experience is.

Our stadium is extremely quiet and it is so frustrating. I came here thinking this football experience would be unlike any other. In a way I was correct, it's the most pathetic crowd I have ever been a part of. The students care more about getting drunk and that pisses me off more than anything. It's not like they don't drink enough (I am a student). But the rest of the stadium pisses me off too because most of them don't make any amount of noise the whole game.

If you want a real college football experience go to the Horseshoe or the Big House where people actually show support for their team.

It's pretty sad when 20,000 people in Huskie Stadium at NIU make more noise than 83,000 in Doak.

Gah, I'm sorry about that.

Drew is going to start on Saturday. Equal f***ing oppurtunity my ass. f*** this coaching staff. I've never seen Drew benched during one of his 14 or so multi-interception games. I can't wait to see 35,000 people in Doak on Saturday for homecoming. It sucks knowing that we are going to lose to Western Michigan.

Xavier, do yourself a favor. Transfer now. You'll never get a fair shot here for some reason. The coaching staff said they were behind you all the way and then they stab you in the back. f*** them. Go succeed somewhere, just please don't stay here and waste your tallent.

Edited by chimpy2121