Official College Football Thread

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 18, 2006 -> 11:15 AM)
^^^ Definitely deserves all the hype it's getting. I'm personally cheering for tOSU as I sort of, kind of like 'em. They're my 2nd favorite team in the big 10, if that counts for anything. :lol:

Just stick with the Salukis today and get them in the playoffs.

If Michigan wins, I hope people aren't surprised and I hope it isn't considered an upset. The teams are even. And if Michigan wins, we'll hear about how it was for Bo until Jan 8th.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 18, 2006 -> 11:26 AM)
Just stick with the Salukis today and get them in the playoffs.

If Michigan wins, I hope people aren't surprised and I hope it isn't considered an upset. The teams are even. And if Michigan wins, we'll hear about how it was for Bo until Jan 8th.

Yep the teams are definitely even. But it's at Ohio State, and Smith is just so much better than Henne, that i'd consider it a mild upset if Michigan wins. And I'm rooting for Ohio State just so I won't have to hear about how Michigan won for Bo.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Nov 18, 2006 -> 12:42 PM)
IU needs to get the W today to make a bowl game for the first time since 1993.

7-3 Purdue at the half.

if you don't fumble it 4 times in a row, maybe you'll have a better chance to beat them than we did.

Purdue's going to hold on for the win 28-19.

IU just couldn't hold on to the ball in some key situations. Our offensive stats look great everywhere but in the points category. We finished with 500 yards (287 in the air/213 on the ground). Just couldn't get it into the end zone.

It's frustrating, but it's a big change to be playing a meanable game on the final day of the season. Coach Hep's going to get us in a bowl game next season; there's no doubt in my mind.

Iowa State 14, Missouri 10, just into the third quarter. Too bad I slept thru the first half.

ISU will likely name its head coach on one of these four dates, as the band has been notified on a "special performance" on of these four days:

Monday, November 27

Monday, December 4

Thursday, December 7

Monday, December 11

Harbaugh time?

QUOTE(Felix @ Nov 18, 2006 -> 03:31 PM)
MINNESOTA HATS OFF TO THEE

TO THY COLORS TRUE WE SHALL EVER BE

FIRM AND STRONG UNITED ARE WE

RAH RAH RAH SKI U MAH

RAH RAH RAH RAH

RAH FOR THE U OF M

Down goes Iowa, the Floyd of Rosedale is ours!

Heh, I'd planned on watching. Whoops!

On a side note, Alvin Bowen just destroyed Chase Daniel, who I love and admire. ISU needs to hold on for like half a qtr to send the guy who turned Iowa State around a winner.

Ryan Kock absolutely shredding Missouri.

ISU misses a 28 yard FG up 5 with 3:30 left. God this doesn't set up well.

Missouri ball, 4th and goal at the 1, :22 left in the game, down 21-16.

This in no way sets up well.

Daniel gets in but holding call on Mizzou.

IOWA STATE WINS

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Nov 18, 2006 -> 06:19 PM)
Great use of your timeouts, Lloyd.

Doubt it would of mattered, I would complain about it more if we stopped them on those last few runs but they got the 1st down anyway. Michigan couldn't tackle worth a damn, nor could they stay on their feet. Guys slipping and sliding everywhere. The late hit that was called pissed me off at the time, but was probably right.

Both defense's were garbage.

On the onside kick, when Ginn was there waiting for the ball, it looked like a Wolverine had a free shot to hit Ginn before he caught it but kind of hesitated, allowing him to secure the ball.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Nov 18, 2006 -> 06:30 PM)
If you have 3 timeouts there, even 2, who knows what happens. It was bad use on his part.

The personal foul was 100% the right call, i don't even know how that can be debated, he nailed him with his helmet right to the facemask and it looked out of bounds.

OSU was in the same situation with timeouts. Sometimes in big games, you gotta use 'em. Better to use one when needed than have two left at the end you don't need.

I agree on the personal foul call. Not because it was a late hit, but because it was a hit direct to the head. I don't think that is called if he hits him lower. Both teams were playing hard and you can never assume Troy Smith is going to quit, so the hit had to be made and that was proper. It was simply too high.

Either way, it was a great game. I'd have liked to see it played on a good surface, but then again it could have been snowing. Kudos to OSU for getting it done. As Bob Davie said at the end of the broadcase, today was the real national championship, not a game 50 days from now.

OSU was in the same situation, but they led the entire half. If you are playing catch up, you need to pocket those. In general, coaches hate using timeouts in the 2nd half until the end of the game.

It was an entertaining game, but it certainly wasn't the most well-played game, especially on defense.

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 18, 2006 -> 09:19 PM)
Ah boy, Mike Hart being a poor sport in the post game conference. He was right, but comes off bitter none the less.

Hart was the best player on the field tonight. It's a shame Troy Smith will get the Heisman because Hart deserves it more IMO.