Official College Football Thread

QUOTE(danman31 @ Nov 18, 2006 -> 10:41 PM)
Hart was the best player on the field tonight. It's a shame Troy Smith will get the Heisman because Hart deserves it more IMO.

Did you watch the game? Hart wasn't even the best running back on the field, let alone player. I didn't hear what he said, but whatever it was, he was wrong. Ohio State made 2 uncharacteristic mistakes that gave Michigan 10 free points (and a 3rd that Michigan failed to take advantage of), and still won the game. Not sure how people could debate who the better team is, other than the whole turf excuse. And after all, the bad field helped Ohio State, since they are a team based more on speed and cuts, rather than the power that Michigan likes to use. :huh

Edited by whitesoxfan101

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 18, 2006 -> 11:42 PM)
Did you watch the game? Hart wasn't even the best running back on the field, let alone player. I didn't hear what he said, but whatever it was, he was wrong. Ohio State made 2 uncharacteristic mistakes that gave Michigan 10 free points (and a 3rd that Michigan failed to take advantage of), and still won the game. Not sure how people could debate who the better team is, other than the whole turf excuse. And after all, the bad field helped Ohio State, since they are a team based more on speed and cuts, rather than the power that Michigan likes to use. :huh

Not sure what game you were watching, but Mike Hart was indeed the best running back on the field today. And yes Ohio State made two uncharacteristic mistakes that gave Michigan 10 points. But Michigan made two uncharacteristic mistakes in allowing the two big runs, which netted OSU 14 points.

This game was a game of two heavyweights. OSU was favored and won. If they played again, I am not sure if the result would be the same. That is basically what Mike Hart was saying. He didn't come off well, like Brian said, but he was just saying what he felt. He said OSU's defense wasn't that good and that Michigan squandered some opportunities. He felt if they played again, their defense would play better and they could still score like they did today.

Mike Hart is as good as any running back in the country. Darren McFadden may be the only back better and at that point you are splitting hairs. That said, I still would consider Troy Smith the best player on the field today.

Edited by Rex Hudler

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Nov 19, 2006 -> 12:38 AM)
Not sure what game you were watching, but Mike Hart was indeed the best running back on the field today. And yes Ohio State made two uncharacteristic mistakes that gave Michigan 10 points. But Michigan made two uncharacteristic mistakes in allowing the two big runs, which netted OSU 14 points.

This game was a game of two heavyweights. OSU was favored and won. If they played again, I am not sure if the result would be the same. That is basically what Mike Hart was saying. He didn't come off well, like Brian said, but he was just saying what he felt. He said OSU's defense wasn't that good and that Michigan squandered some opportunities. He felt if they played again, their defense would play better and they could still score like they did today.

Mike Hart is as good as any running back in the country. Darren McFadden may be the only back better and at that point you are splitting hairs. That said, I still would consider Troy Smith the best player on the field today.

Pittman had less carries for more yards, and he didn't even play all that well. And I just saw what Mike Hart said, he guaranteed it would go differently if they played again. He was being a b**** sore loser, just like Leinart after they lost to Texas last year. A better team beat you Mr. Hart, get over it. Oh, and Adrian Peterson is way, way better than Mike Hart as well as McFadden and Steve Slaton. Heck, even Marshawn Lynch isn't too far off.

And if OSU's defense wasn't that good, what does it say about Michigan's? And there is a big difference between 2 turnovers you almost never commit (one of which was unforced, another on a deflection) and allowing big plays because your defense was getting beaten.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

I have to agree with Rex. Hart was a beast. He chewed up OSU's defense quite easily. He clearly outplayed Pittman. Yeah, I know, Pittman had like 120 yards. But other than that one 50+ yard run, he looked average to me.

As far as the game goes, it was one of the better college football games I've ever seen. I was very impressed by both teams. I won't have any problems with a rematch in the title game. These are clearly, IMO, the two best teams in the country.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Nov 19, 2006 -> 01:59 AM)
I have to agree with Rex. Hart was a beast. He chewed up OSU's defense quite easily. He clearly outplayed Pittman. Yeah, I know, Pittman had like 120 yards. But other than that one 50+ yard run, he looked average to me.

As far as the game goes, it was one of the better college football games I've ever seen. I was very impressed by both teams. I won't have any problems with a rematch in the title game. These are clearly, IMO, the two best teams in the country.

Eh, I really disagree with this. I was against a rematch before and now I'm really against it. Both teams played very dumb and Michigan threw away a game that OSU was trying to hand to them. It really wasn't that well played of a game. Lots of dumb penalties and dumb plays by each team. Both teams were completely blowing coverages on defense as well. Michigan doesn't deserve a rematch after this game imo. And I'll say it right now: OSU is beatable, depending on who they play in the championship game, I would not be surprised to see them go down.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 19, 2006 -> 03:05 AM)
Eh, I really disagree with this. I was against a rematch before and now I'm really against it. Both teams played very dumb and Michigan threw away a game that OSU was trying to hand to them. It really wasn't that well played of a game. Lots of dumb penalties and dumb plays by each team. Both teams were completely blowing coverages on defense as well. Michigan doesn't deserve a rematch after this game imo. And I'll say it right now: OSU is beatable, depending on who they play in the championship game, I would not be surprised to see them go down.

Shut up. You always disagree with me.

:P

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 19, 2006 -> 12:48 AM)
Pittman had less carries for more yards, and he didn't even play all that well. And I just saw what Mike Hart said, he guaranteed it would go differently if they played again. He was being a b**** sore loser, just like Leinart after they lost to Texas last year. A better team beat you Mr. Hart, get over it. Oh, and Adrian Peterson is way, way better than Mike Hart as well as McFadden and Steve Slaton. Heck, even Marshawn Lynch isn't too far off.

And if OSU's defense wasn't that good, what does it say about Michigan's? And there is a big difference between 2 turnovers you almost never commit (one of which was unforced, another on a deflection) and allowing big plays because your defense was getting beaten.

Actually Hart had more yards rushing than Pittman. Pittman's average per carry was higher because of one run. Again we are splitting hairs because Pittman is very good as well. My comment was that Hart is as good as anyone in the country. I stand by that.

Hart's comments had nothing to do with Michigan's defense. He was discussing OSU's defense. So that is a moot point.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Nov 18, 2006 -> 10:41 PM)
Hart was the best player on the field tonight. It's a shame Troy Smith will get the Heisman because Hart deserves it more IMO.

Comical. Troy Smith is the best player in college football, sorry about it. OSU's defense has given up yards all year long, of course Hart was going to get 100. Michigan's defense was this fearsome unit that you cant run or pass against and OSU put up 500 yards. Smith had 240+ in the first half alone.

QUOTE(SnB @ Nov 19, 2006 -> 04:14 PM)
if florida wins out, i think they deserve it.

Well they won't win out since Arkansas is a far superior team, however even if they do win out, the computers aren't going to let them pass Michigan. That Western Carolina game they played yesterday was too big of a hit.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 19, 2006 -> 04:19 PM)
Well they won't win out since Arkansas is a far superior team, however even if they do win out, the computers aren't going to let them pass Michigan. That Western Carolina game they played yesterday was too big of a hit.

Far superior?? What are you smoking these days?