Official College Football Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Nov 21, 2006 -> 07:58 PM)
Speaking of future schedules, I found some interesting tidbits...

Ohio State will play USC in 2008 and 2009. They will play Army in 2009 and 2010. They add Miami, FL to the schedule in 2010 and 2011. Cal steps in for 2012 and 2013. Va Tech 2014 and 2015 and finally Oklahoma joins the fray in 2016 and 2017.

Florida State joins Alabama's schedule next year. Penn State and 'Bama are slated to go head-to-head in 2010 and 2011. Florida State welcomes Oklahoma to the fold in 2010 and 2011.

Michigan gets a return game from Oregon next year (returned from a few years back).

West Virginia and Auburn go toe-to-toe in 2008 and 2009.

Miami takes on Oklahoma in 2007 and 2009.

An addition to Notre Dame's schedule is they have a date with Navy on Sept 1, 2012 in Dublin, Ireland. I don't know why, but I found that to be pretty cool.

Exactly why OSU is the best program in the country.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Nov 24, 2006 -> 03:52 PM)
A&M beats Texas and no one says anything about it? 12-7 to the Aggies. Texas is back to their old selves, not quite a national title contender year to year.

well they did have a RS-Fr. as a QB. I blame Brown for having McCoy out there. McCoy couldnt throw a pass down field to save his life. Should have let Snead play the game and they probably would have won

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Nov 24, 2006 -> 07:49 PM)
Step one of my master plan to get Michigan is complete. Now, all that has to happen is Notre Dame needs to find a way to beat USC tomorrow night and Arkansas to bounce back next week against Florida. It's not too far-fetched.

even if Florida wins against Arkansas, I dont think that will be enough to get them to number 2

QUOTE(zenryan @ Nov 24, 2006 -> 03:44 PM)
well they did have a RS-Fr. as a QB. I blame Brown for having McCoy out there. McCoy couldnt throw a pass down field to save his life. Should have let Snead play the game and they probably would have won

Colt McCoy was the most overplayed story of the year in college football no doubt! ESPN made him sound like he was god! They had to have shown the story where he finds an ambulance in the dark to save a man's life at least 20 times during the Oh. St.- Texas weekend! Finding an ambulance at night is nearly impossible, plus you have to avoid jagged rocks as you run up the trail to find it!

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 25, 2006 -> 12:32 PM)
BTW, I just want to say that Lou Holtz just might be the biggest homer espn has ever had on their network, and that's saying something.

He knows he is though and they joke about it.

P.S. Fix your sig.

Crap...SC already has a TD. ND's defense is going to get destroyed by USC's speed. I just hope our offense can come through and that the defense somehow finds a way to force a couple of turnovers.

ND had a prime scoring opportunity that they blew on there opening drive.