Official College Football Thread

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 27, 2006 -> 12:50 PM)
Technically its true. But Tate has upset quite a few big time Hawkeye fans. That said people have quickly forgotten how good he was for 2 years in the program and that a big reason for our struggles this year was our lack of any receiving core and a healthy Tate (he was never 100% this year).

But remember, he will leave Iowa with a win!!!

Tate is one of the most overrated, hotheaded QB's in the game today. I have never seen a QB unravel himself so quickly in a big game. The guy hurt IOWA more than he helped them IMO.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 28, 2006 -> 08:19 AM)
Iowa is going to get ROLLED in their bowl game, so Tate will have more bad things to say. He's right about Iowa people though. And I'm not sure where this myth about Tate having a great 2005 is coming from, but he was very average and this year wasn't even that. He was great in 2004 though, and that combined with a blown coverage on the last play of the Cap 1 Bowl by LSU will keep him popular there.

tate reminds me a bit of zach mills from penn state a few years back. mills had a nice sophomore year and lived off it for the next two.

however, i do think tate is better than mills was.

Glen Mason is such an idiot, as on display yet again tonight. However that loss was EPICALLY bad, that was Michigan State bad, by the Gophers. And Misery proved once again why they are, well, Misery (although WHAT A BALLSY CALL by Reilly, I forever respect a guy that would do that).

Most importantly, both miracle comebacks keep me alive in the Bowl Confidence Pool. I had 27 on Texas Tech and 15 on Oregon State, so those 2 miracle comebacks saved my ass, and plus, I only had 5 on Clemson because I like Woodson, the Kentucky QB, so even though I lost, that helped me gain ground on almost everybody. My 32 game is tomorrow (Iowa), so damn Texas, make it quick and easy for me.

QUOTE(Felix @ Dec 29, 2006 -> 10:58 PM)
Let me just say f*** you to every heartless player on that Minnesota football team, especially to the defensive unit, defensive coordinator, and head coach Glen Mason.

Dude, I know you are pissed and disappointed, but it was the INSIGHT BOWL.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Dec 29, 2006 -> 11:49 PM)

It sounds cooler if you think it was the Copper Bowl.

That's also the marquee of the two bowl wins in ISU football history.

And, goddammit, we were f***ing thrilled to be there.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Dec 29, 2006 -> 05:02 PM)
Missouri about to lose in spectacular fashion.

I told you they were going to blow it when they punted up 7 with less than 2 minutes to go. It's not a surprise.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Dec 29, 2006 -> 10:53 PM)
Texas Tech just came down from 38-7 to tie it bringing it into overtime against Minnesota. I knew something was wrong when I saw a big ten team leading as much as they were, it was only a matter of time.

Texas Tech just finished them off in overtime.

Big Ten = 0-2

Big Ten=not good as a whole and they are dealing with having 2 BCS teams so every other team is shifted up a spot in the matchups.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 29, 2006 -> 11:49 PM)
And Misery proved once again why they are, well, Misery (although WHAT A BALLSY CALL by Reilly, I forever respect a guy that would do that).

The call wasn't ballsy. Everyone in the stadium knew they were making it. If you watched that game you knew they were making it. The only hope Missouri had was if they didn't go for 2. The weird part about it was that they just ran it up the gut. That's from 3 yards out, you would think they would do an off tackle run or a sweep or a pass, but right up the middle for the 3 yards is making it harder than they needed to. That said their O-line destroyed Mizzou's d-line on that play.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Dec 29, 2006 -> 11:49 PM)

It was a football game, the same as any other football game that they played during the year. Doesn't matter if its the championship game or the Papajohns.com bowl. To do what the Gophers did was downright embarrassing..