Official College Football Thread

I couldn't have been more wrong about Iowa, they showed a lot in that game.....but I get my 32 confidence points in the end, thank God. 3 great games today.

And I don't know what got into that Brodell guy, but wow.....he just made Texas, who has as fast a defense as any in the land, look SLOW.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have several losses, but none of them were high confidence games, so I feel good.

I'd also like to point out that the Big 12 still SUCKS. Texas BARELY beat the 9th place and 6-6 Big Ten team in what was a home game for them, Misery somehow blew a 14 point lead like that, Kansas State was pathetic, and Texas Tech was down 38-7 to an abominable Minnesota team before Glen Mason took over.

Also, the Big 10 has nothing besides the big 3 though, which is why i'm feeling good I picked against all the other Big 10 teams.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Looks like Alabama is going to take a swing at Saban despite all of his past denials. The money being thrown out there is just stupid, so time will tell what is true and what is not. But I have no doubt they are going to throw a formal contract offer in front of him and put the pressure on him to make a decision.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 1, 2007 -> 03:36 PM)
WHY THE f*** DO TEAMS ALWAYS TRY AND THROW 80 YARD HAIL MARYS INSTEAD OF TRYING TO LATERAL ALL THE WAY DOWN FIELD?

YOU ARENT GONNA f***ING THROW IT 80 YARDS ON A FLY.

Sorry, just bugs the f*** out of me.

Tipped passes, guys falling, shorter field to lateral. The lateral play for 80 friggin yards isn't a better play, you shouldn't be posting in caps about throwing a hail mary.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jan 1, 2007 -> 03:41 PM)
Lateralling down the field never, ever works. Hail mary is more likely to have the defense screw up.

Ya because when you throw a hail mary 80 yards and its 40 yards short of the end zone even if you catch it you're only half way to the endzone.

4 WR's going deep against 8 DB's whose only job is to prevent a catch is s***ty s***ty odds. At least when you are lateraling something freakish could happen, unlike a hail mary where the QB can't even heave it half way.

I understand a Hail Mary from 50 yards or closer but from 80 yards it's just retarded.

w00t West Virginia wins. Crazy 2nd half.

I :wub: Slaton and White - too bad Slaton couldn't play.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 1, 2007 -> 03:48 PM)
Iowa should have lateraled against LSU 2 years ago.

Yeah, and the Saints should have thrown a Hail Mary a few years ago in the game when Carney missed the XP.

And Tate's pass was 56 yards, and as I already said, you should attempt a Hail Mary from 50 yards...

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 1, 2007 -> 05:29 PM)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=261001020

Should have used Pennington's noodle to throw a 70 yard hail mary instead of attempting something that almost worked and sure as hell scared the Colts.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap?gid=200512280023

Not really sure why this is a debate unless you want it to be one. Scraping for examples of 2 plays that occur rarely, oh well.

Obviously the hail mary is the answer from around 50 yards, but any distance farther is impossible with the obvious exception being one particular Kentucky defender totally misplaying the situation.

Anyway enough of this pointless banter from me, still got a game and half left of quality football.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jan 1, 2007 -> 06:15 PM)
Michigan showing why they weren't selected to the championship game.

USC finally opened up Tressel's game plan on how to dismantle Michigan's swiss cheese secondary. The b****ing from Ann Arbor has all of a sudden dissapeared.