Official College Football Thread

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jan 1, 2007 -> 11:54 PM)
lol, Boise State vs. Ohio State. Oklahoma is one thing, OSU isn't even in the same ballpark guys, that would be UUUUUGLY...

Maybe, but I think you could argue that for anyone in the country. Don't forget OU was a non-screw job away from possibly being in the national title game themselves. Also, I have full confidence when I say OU played as well as anyone in the country after Peterson went down. They were damn solid at the end of the year. Maybe they are better without Peterson, they go with more balance, who knows.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 12:30 AM)
Ehh. I guess it's taste, but I hate him announcing baseball as well.

I agree, but more so because his voice annoys me.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 12:32 AM)
BTW, the constant David v. Goliath references got old fast.

Yeah, that didn't last a quarter for me.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe, but I think you could argue that for anyone in the country. Don't forget OU was a non-screw job away from possibly being in the national title game themselves. Also, I have full confidence when I say OU played as well as anyone in the country after Peterson went down. They were damn solid at the end of the year. Maybe they are better without Peterson, they go with more balance, who knows.

OU hasn't impressed me this year. TTU gave the game away to OU after being up 14 points at OU. OU won the Big 12 in a down year. I really felt this was the year that TTU could grab the Big 12, but they gave away games to OU and Texas almost back to back. I don't feel there was an elite team in the Big 12 this year, or even one that deserved the BCS, but Oklahoma somewhat proved me wrong I guess.

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Jan 1, 2007 -> 11:56 PM)
That was amazing. That team has so much f***ing heart. Heres to a 10 team bracket and f*** the BCS!

In a 10 team bracket, trick plays and heart only get you a round, BSU wouldnt have even made the title game. BSU fans should be wishing for the current format, where they look like world beaters.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 12:28 AM)
A Michigan win over USC would have gone a ways towards destroying the BCS

How so? UM was the higher ranked team and were supposed to win the Rose Bowl, they could have locked on to 3rd or 2nd and a preseason #1 if they won, thats all.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 1, 2007 -> 06:59 PM)
Which has zero to do with preparing for this game. The fact they are playing like sh*t doesn't change the fact that Michigan had a gripe to play on Jan 8.

I know, you probably don't know this but I'm a huge Michigan fan just like yourself. It really sucks that they haven't won a bowl game in 5 or so years.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 09:57 AM)
How so? UM was the higher ranked team and were supposed to win the Rose Bowl, they could have locked on to 3rd or 2nd and a preseason #1 if they won, thats all.

Because a UM solid win over USC for 2 scores or so would have given the UM fans and people around the country a legit claim to play in the championship, instead they fell on their face.

I'm not saying UM would have the right to complain but you know it would happen.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 01:28 PM)
Because a UM solid win over USC for 2 scores or so would have given the UM fans and people around the country a legit claim to play in the championship, instead they fell on their face.

I'm not saying UM would have the right to complain but you know it would happen.

Thats mostly because UM fans do alot of complaining, nothing more.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 12:32 AM)
I could care less how many you find. His random out-of-place cheerleader rant began to overshadow what was happening on the field.

BTW, the constant David v. Goliath references got old fast. They weren't 30 point underdogs.

Furthemore, i wasn't the first one to bring it up, which means i'm not the only one to "nit pick" this.

It was sooooo FOX-like. I agree, Brenneman was wearing on me too, especially the playoff rant. FOX just likes to try and create drama rather than allowing the situation to play out in its own drama. It's one of the reasons I have hated FOX baseball broadcasts for a long time.

That said, get TB off of FOX and I like him.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jan 1, 2007 -> 10:19 PM)
Thom Brennaman is a baseball announcer and is easily one of the best in the business. Don't hate on him.

And is also light years better at both football and baseball announcing than Joe Buck. I really enjoyed that Fox college football both (especially for there first real broadcast).

QUOTE(T R U @ Jan 3, 2007 -> 08:21 AM)
What a jerk..

I hope that program sucks the entire time hes there

As a Bills fan, I'm happy to think that the crushing defeat that Miami suffered at Buffalo's hands late in the season, knocking Miami finally out of the playoffs, had a hand in this.

Anyway, given his QB mess in Miami, he might very well have struggled for another year or two and been fired anyway, so for his career it's probably the best move.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 3, 2007 -> 11:56 AM)
He knew he couldnt mold the players in the NFL like he did in college. This contract is REALLY long though.

$40 million, 7 years, correct? Why didn't they just try throwing that contract at Carroll first?

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jan 3, 2007 -> 12:28 PM)
I guess today is the day that ND loses by 1000 to LSU and Jamarcus Russell, who s***s laser beams. We're pretty f***ed.

Your probably right. I actually think LSU and Ohio State are the best two teams in college football.

QUOTE(T R U @ Jan 3, 2007 -> 10:21 AM)
What a jerk..

I hope that program sucks the entire time hes there

How's he a jerk? Alabama got a great hire here, he will have them contending for national titles. I don't think he did a bad job in Miami though. But hey, it's another college coach who didn't work out in the NFL.