Official College Football Thread

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 3, 2007 -> 10:56 AM)
As a Bills fan, I'm happy to think that the crushing defeat that Miami suffered at Buffalo's hands late in the season, knocking Miami finally out of the playoffs, had a hand in this.

Anyway, given his QB mess in Miami, he might very well have struggled for another year or two and been fired anyway, so for his career it's probably the best move.

They dont really have a QB mess.. aside from the first game of the year Culpepper had QB ratings of 85 and above I believe the other games he started

If he is healthy they are in good shape there.. now its just time to add some youth to the defense and grab a difference maker at #9

Saban is a total douche, I cant believe a man that preaches integrity and honesty and all that garbage would lie to everyones face and then not even tell the owner in person he was done..

Hopefully well snag Rivera from da bears :D

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jan 3, 2007 -> 04:53 PM)
How's he a jerk? Alabama got a great hire here, he will have them contending for national titles. I don't think he did a bad job in Miami though. But hey, it's another college coach who didn't work out in the NFL.

Um, maybe because he said NUMEROUS times he wasn't leaving Miami and that he would not be the Alabama coach? The fact that his philosophy was about honesty, integrity, and accomplishing what he came to do? He totally slapped us fans and the organization in the face with what he did.. that to me makes him a jerk and a liar

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jan 3, 2007 -> 03:19 PM)
Jimbo would be turning down a lot of money at FSU and a lot of freedom with the offense and more offensive talent on the FSU squad. I don't see him turning it down, but who knows.

Book it. Fisher will be the Offensive Coordinator at Alabama. Saban making the jump to Bama was more about control than money. The control he will be given is not something he could ever have in the NFL. I guarantee you Saban secured the control to get the coaches he wants and pay them what he needs to.

QUOTE(T R U @ Jan 3, 2007 -> 04:56 PM)
Um, maybe because he said NUMEROUS times he wasn't leaving Miami and that he would not be the Alabama coach? The fact that his philosophy was about honesty, integrity, and accomplishing what he came to do? He totally slapped us fans and the organization in the face with what he did.. that to me makes him a jerk and a liar

What do you expect him to say in the middle of the NFL season? Coaches lie all the time. If Miami wins their last three games he may still be there. If Alabama backed off, he'd still be in Miami. But he couldn't just say with 3 or 4 games left in the Dolphins season he was going to jump, because he didn't know for a fact if he was. If he even hinted he may leave, the Miami media would have eaten him up and created the same level of distraction as if he would have said he was openly pursuing it.

That's the nature of the beast these days. The media will not allow anything to go on behind the scenes anymore. Saban was questioned weekly, if not daily about the job after repeated denials he had been contacted. I truly believe there was nothing else he could have done.

Since when did they start selling beer at college football games? I have seen many people with bud light plastic bottles.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jan 3, 2007 -> 07:14 PM)
I'm a ND hater, but I think they're going to surprise people tonight.

/just wanted to make that comment before the game.

You can take it back at any time.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 3, 2007 -> 07:42 PM)
Since when did they start selling beer at college football games? I have seen many people with bud light plastic bottles.

You can take it back at any time.

I'd love to be wrong.

I believe you don't see beer at college games held on campus, but you do for games held in pro arenas.

Super Dome et al aren't on college campuses and thus sell beer.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 3, 2007 -> 05:59 PM)
How long will Russell last in the draft? Top 15? He's quite studly...

He actually may have a shot to even go before Quinn, given how the 2 have played this season. It may well depend on who the Raiders like better at the Combine.

If I am a pro GM i dont see how I could ever pick Brady Quinn as the #1 or #2 pick. He has made about 1 good throw all game, and it was a quick out pass. The guy may have the physical tools, but i see the next big bust, not the next big thing.

And Quinn backs me up with a horrible throw for a pick. Correction, he got lucky and it was incomplete.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jan 3, 2007 -> 08:45 PM)
Correction. The ball never hit the ground. ND lucks out.

Either way he got lucky, not very good touch on that pass.

I guess he really did want to throw a pick.

Edited by RockRaines

Real easy to put touch on a ball when the receiver is wide the f*** open. Atrocious coverage.

Not saying Russell is terrible, but any major college QB could have made the deep throws he's made tonight. He's still a freak of nature with a strong arm, though.

Walker: 128 yds rushing in the first half... if you told me this would be his line at halftime but ND would be losing, i'd call you crazy.

ND looks good, and two things need to happen to win:

1) Defense needs to stop the big play. Tough task, but they need to put a solid half together.

2) Brady needs to settle down and make good decisions. Throw it away when necessary, don't force it, and settle into a rhythm.

These things happen, ND can go home a winner.

QUOTE(Fotop @ Jan 3, 2007 -> 09:30 PM)
Real easy to put touch on a ball when the receiver is wide the f*** open. Atrocious coverage.

Not saying Russell is terrible, but any major college QB could have made the deep throws he's made tonight. He's still a freak of nature with a strong arm, though.

Walker: 128 yds rushing in the first half... if you told me this would be his line at halftime but ND would be losing, i'd call you crazy.

ND looks good, and two things need to happen to win:

1) Defense needs to stop the big play. Tough task, but they need to put a solid half together.

2) Brady needs to settle down and make good decisions. Throw it away when necessary, don't force it, and settle into a rhythm.

These things happen, ND can go home a winner.

I dont know man, hitting a receiver in stride is something that he has shown the ability to do, while his competition on the other side of the ball is throwing near picks in those situations.

ND should be running the ball every snap, but im sure Charlie will try and throw it.