Official College Football Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted, Miss. St's offense is questionable, but you can't deny that a USC defense, with 10(TEN) new starters for tonights game did a helluva job. We Gamecock faithful got a bit of a scare when Mitchell went down in teh first half, luckily it was just a cut on his leg.

5 Sacks, 2 INTs, a shutout, and constant pressure on the Bulldog offense. I'm happy with the defense. Spurriers offense, on the other hand...

QUOTE(danman31 @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 10:53 PM)
Solid win for NU. Kafka looks solid.

Iowa St. sucks.

Iowa State just won in triple OT, b****. Kafka's a walking pussy with a average arm.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 12:41 PM)
Why the hell does Hamtpon/Grambling get televised. I wonder this type of crap every time I see those type of games on TV, especially ESPN 2.

Michigan has been a few drops from having a big lead, instead they are up 6.

It'd be awesome if Vandy could take this.

This is going to be routine this season. ESPN will put a better game on ESPNU because it's not widely available, and thus will have people demanding access through their cable company. I suspect you'll see the Big Ten there the most, because they're in the middle of plans for a Big Ten network, like CSN, where all the schools would be part owners. ESPN, obviously, doesn't like this. And if I recall right, the Big Ten-ESPN football deal only runs through the end of this season.

It's all a power play.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 01:38 PM)
Which is nice to see. Tate hasn't exactly been super sharp or it doesn't appear that he has been at least (looking at the stats).

Texas is beating up on Northern Texas.

Was Schlicher a senior last year? Who the hell is kicking for Iowa?

I hope Tate stays cool for another couple of games. I also hope we figure out how to friggin cover a tight end, casue Iowa has 3 good ones. s***, I need to worry about UNLV.

How'd Christensen look? I'm intrigued by him.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 12:17 PM)
Was Schlicher a senior last year? Who the hell is kicking for Iowa?

I hope Tate stays cool for another couple of games. I also hope we figure out how to friggin cover a tight end, casue Iowa has 3 good ones. s***, I need to worry about UNLV.

How'd Christensen look? I'm intrigued by him.

Schlicher is back for his senior season (missed today's game with a tweaked quad, it was precautionary and had we been playing a tougher program he probably would have played). Signore was the kicker today and from what I have heard he has a very strong leg and was really clobbering the ball on kickoffs.

Unfortunately I didn't have the game, but Christensen is our future and will obviously have a lot of pressure on him next year. He was a top 100 recruit in 05 and Rivals had him as a 4 star. It appears Christensen will get some snaps this year as they try to get him ready for 07.

He redshirted last year.

Also our star DE and starting WR had been suspended for today's game (Iwebema and Grigsby)