William Wyatt executed in Texas

minors

I was ready to ask the same question

Well if you don't like the threads don't reply to them that simple.

It's also morbid to celebrate anyone's death, but that's just me.

I only celebrate deaths of thugs like this

Yay! Hooray! The state showed that killing is morally bankrupt by doing it themselves! w00t w00t! That'll really go to show a point that the taking of a life is wrong. Texas is totally ending that cycle of violence by continually participating in it!

/waits for more people cheerleading the deaths of human beings because it shows the heinousness of character more than a well-reasoned debate about the death penalty ever could.

//laughs at the irony that perpetrating murder is wrong yet cheerleading it is justified

Yay! Hooray! The state showed that killing is morally bankrupt by doing it themselves! w00t w00t! That'll really go to show a point that the taking of a life is wrong. Texas is totally ending that cycle of violence by continually participating in it!

/waits for more people cheerleading the deaths of human beings because it shows the heinousness of character more than a well-reasoned debate about the death penalty ever could.

//laughs at the irony that perpetrating murder is wrong yet cheerleading it is justified

I am just glad he is dead

QUOTE(minors @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 12:23 AM)
I am just glad he is dead

I'm always amazed at the morbid nature of human beings. If our country is so great then it should be able to extend a greater sense of mercy and compassion than what was doled out by this prisoner to his victim. There's nothing that a person can do to rid themselves of their essential humanity to deserve being killed. We as a people choose to take it from them. Seeing that, I'm stuck on how the 372nd execution in TX since 1982 really was 'justice', saved taxpayer money or how anybody feels safer or even feels a moral superiority to the crime he committed because this guy with no prior criminal record and an honorable discharge from the Marines was executed in a sterile holding area at a Texas prison in an act of revenge and court sanctioned murder -- much less how any person can gloat over another's death.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 10:36 PM)
I'm always amazed at the morbid nature of human beings. If our country is so great then it should be able to extend a greater sense of mercy and compassion than what was doled out by this prisoner to his victim. There's nothing that a person can do to rid themselves of their essential humanity to deserve being killed. We as a people choose to take it from them. Seeing that, I'm stuck on how the 372nd execution in TX since 1982 really was 'justice', saved taxpayer money or how anybody feels safer or even feels a moral superiority to the crime he committed because this guy with no prior criminal record and an honorable discharge from the Marines was executed in a sterile holding area at a Texas prison in an act of revenge and court sanctioned murder -- much less how any person can gloat over another's death.

I think on some level I can understand the lack of compassion. There are people who deservedly have a reason to hate this man. There were people who's lives were ruined by him. There are people who may very well feel better tonight because he's dead.

But you're right, the proper response to this by a reasonable person isn't celebration. It's sadness. It's sadness that society couldn't prevent whatever it was in his head that went wrong and caused him to commit that terrible crime. It's sadness because a 4 year old suffered and died a horrendous death. If it helps the family, so be it. I'll live with the death penalty for that reason alone.

But we are not made a better society by body counts, no matter how bad the original act actually is. We are not a better people by going around and high-fiveing because we caught the right guy and he's now dead. We are a worse people because of what he did in the first place. We are a worse people because a 4 year old child is dead.

You want to high-five the killing of that guy? He's only dead because he raped and murdered a 4 year old. So in other words, had he not been a rapist and murderer, you would not be celebrating today. And I can't believe that there should be celebration for anything done because a person decides to rape and murder a 4 year old. If nothing else, there should be mourning, if just for the kid, if not for all of us and the loss of everyone.

Please let me know when you have a close friend murdered and having to deal with that thug gloat about it. Then seeing him die was a good feeling. That crime occured in the late 80's so he would have recieved parole in a couple of years that is why I like the Death Penalty and no one will convince me otherwise.

If nothing else, there should be mourning, if just for the kid, if not for all of us and the loss of everyone.

Now that is truely sad we should give a murderer/rapist the same amount of attention as the baby they killed.

QUOTE(minors @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 10:51 PM)
Please let me know when you have a close friend murdered and having to deal with that thug gloat about it. Then seeing him die was a good feeling. That crime occured in the late 80's so he would have recieved parole in a couple of years that is why I like the Death Penalty and no one will convince me otherwise.

Did you know this particular 4 year old or their family? If not, what exactly is it that gives you the right to decide to gloat about this case? Because you knew someone who was gunned down? I knew a man who was gunned down in Merrillville right outside his business at 9 p.m one night. As far as I know they never solved the case. I think a lot of people know who was involved, but the police could never prove anything. Does that give me the right to gloat that the death penalty exists every time its enacted? Does that give me the right to brag about the mess involving the rape and murder of a 4 year old and the killing of the person who committed that crime?

How many 4 year olds have to be raped and murdered before you feel you've gotten your share of high fives? Let the death penalty happen, fine. I'm not trying to convince you otherwise. But don't tell me I should feel glad every time someone is killed for raping and murdering a child, because there is nothing that should make you feel glad about the rape and murder of a child.

Had this 4 year old not been raped and murdered, you'd have no reason to gloat. Remember that when you give yourself high fives over how wonderful the death penalty is.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 12:36 AM)

:crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying

I just love how you get all up in arms when the state rids itself of criminal scum like this. I also love how leftists like you shed all those tears for the perps and none for the victims.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 11:04 PM)
:crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying

I just love how you get all up in arms when the state rids itself of criminal scum like this. I also love how leftists like you shed all those tears for the perps and none for the victims.

I for one am just amazed at how people can start giving themselves pats on the back for killing a man who you never would have heard of had it not been for the rape and murder of a 4 year old child. That I just find remarkable, that you guys could be congratulating yourselves over this. Mourn the child, yes. But remember that your celebration tonight, and all of your patting on the back for being ardent death penalty enthusaists, took the rape and murder of a 4 year old child to be possible.

Did you know this particular 4 year old or their family? If not, what exactly is it that gives you the right to decide to gloat about this case? Because you knew someone who was gunned down? I knew a man who was gunned down in Merrillville right outside his business at 9 p.m one night. As far as I know they never solved the case. I think a lot of people know who was involved, but the police could never prove anything. Does that give me the right to gloat that the death penalty exists every time its enacted? Does that give me the right to brag about the mess involving the rape and murder of a 4 year old and the killing of the person who committed that crime?

How many 4 year olds have to be raped and murdered before you feel you've gotten your share of high fives? Let the death penalty happen, fine. I'm not trying to convince you otherwise. But don't tell me I should feel glad every time someone is killed for raping and murdering a child, because there is nothing that should make you feel glad about the rape and murder of a child.

Had this 4 year old not been raped and murdered, you'd have no reason to gloat. Remember that when you give yourself high fives over how wonderful the death penalty is.

I can gloat about what ever I want a wrong was corrected here justice served.

I for one am just amazed at how people can start giving themselves pats on the back for killing a man who you never would have heard of had it not been for the rape and murder of a 4 year old child. That I just find remarkable, that you guys could be congratulating yourselves over this. Mourn the child, yes. But remember that your celebration tonight, and all of your patting on the back for being ardent death penalty enthusaists, took the rape and murder of a 4 year old child to be possible.

You have got me all wrong. I only celebrate because a helpless 4 yrd old rape/murder victim finally got his Justice.

QUOTE(minors @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 12:54 AM)

Now that is truely sad we should give a murderer/rapist the same amount of attention as the baby they killed.

Uh, according to the offender information on the Texas Dept. of Criminal Justice, the crime took place 2/4/1997 -- not the late 1980s. Just a decade off. Plus, the jury was given an option of life without parole which meant he wasn't getting parole.

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/wyattwilliam.htm

And Nuke, Minors -- thanks for telling me who I do and don't feel sorry for. I can feel sympathy for both victim and perpetrator here, especially when the perp is killed because an eye for an eye simply makes the world blind. What happened to the victim is a terrible offense but killing the perp doesn't make it "justice" -- it just satisfies primal, vigilantist bloodlust. It's just a cheap, tawdry, sleazy and underhanded talking point to say that "leftists" don't care about the victims when we both know it isn't true.

Uh, according to the offender information on the Texas Dept. of Criminal Justice, the crime took place 2/4/1997 -- not the late 1980s. Just a decade off. Plus, the jury was given an option of life without parole which meant he wasn't getting parole.

\

You need to read the post better I was talking about someone I knew in the late 80's. Please read the post better before critizing. I also never told you who and who not to feel sorry before again this is another misread on your part.

I am closing this. Again, we are not opening threads every time someone gets the death penalty celebrating a murderer's death. Although you may view it as justice for the victim, that justice doesn't need to be celebrated in this forum... so here are some guidelines toward death penalty threads on this board.

A thread that merits discussion regarding the validity of the death penalty or a specific case where the death penalty is or isn't used that is controversial is welcome here.

A "Yay! Death Penalty! Someone is going to/was just executed Yay!" thread is unacceptable.

Thanks