AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!

Heads22

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 09:57 PM)
man screw Cleveland and thier low budget relievers! We should be only 6 games back damn it!

No Sh*t!!! There's a world of difference between 8 and 6 at this point of the season, but you have to tip your hat to Detroit, they just keep rolling on......hoping the collapse they've been due for comes like a freight train in Sept....

QUOTE(maggliopipe @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 03:54 PM)
So I didn't see the game (no WGN here). What was different with Javy? Was his slider just biting harder than normal? Did Hawk/DJ say what Coop was working on with him?

He his slider seemed like it had more pop than usual. He also had great command of his fast ball and when he pitched his breaking ball, he did it effectively. Im not sure what Coop said about the adjustments, however Hawk and DJ noticed that he moved his foot a little bit more toward the end of the mound rather than pitching more toward the center of it. Its amazing what some minor adjustments can do for a pitcher.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 04:14 PM)
He his slider seemed like it had more pop than usual. He also had great command of his fast ball and when he pitched his breaking ball, he did it effectively. Im not sure what Coop said about the adjustments, however Hawk and DJ noticed that he moved his foot a little bit more toward the end of the mound rather than pitching more toward the center of it. Its amazing what some minor adjustments can do for a pitcher.

Cool, thanks man.

Post ASB, Minny has swept KC and Tampa (not to mention us). They're taking advantage of the lesser teams. This is why I cringe when people say it's OK to just win 2 out of 3 against bad teams like Baltimore or KC. We have to sweep those teams, too (especially when we're doing so poorly against the good teams).

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 07:48 PM)
Post ASB, Minny has swept KC and Tampa (not to mention us). They're taking advantage of the lesser teams. This is why I cringe when people say it's OK to just win 2 out of 3 against bad teams like Baltimore or KC. We have to sweep those teams, too (especially when we're doing so poorly against the good teams).

We were coming off of a horrible, horrible slump and 2 of our best hitters (Thome, Konerko) were hurting and missed a handful of games, just as Crede just missed today's game. Considering that, we had a great roadtrip.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 06:48 PM)

I was saying the same thing during the Pirates and Cubs series, but was told not to worry because "they have the second best record in baseball! One here, one there doesn't matter!"