Andre Ethier

Heads22

Anyone else following him? Now has his average over .350 for the Dodgers with a .568 slugging pct. Doesn't draw a ton of walks, but doesn't need to.

Also a lefty bat in the outfield. Nice to see someone make Beane look stupid for dealing a prospect, especially for a board game, that is going nuts.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 08:49 PM)
Anyone else following him? Now has his average over .350 for the Dodgers with a .568 slugging pct. Doesn't draw a ton of walks, but doesn't need to.

He will come down and crash, just like Jeff Francoeur.

He does play LF... :ph34r:

Actually I wouldn't mind him at all. He isn't walking much this year in the bigs, but looking at his minor league numbers and college numbers he has excellent patience. Hopefully by next season, he'll turn it around since he is getting a good taste right now.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 11:18 AM)

I wouldn't be so sure.

Unlike Francouer, Ethier actually takes a walk (19 in 247 AB's albeit ain't great but it's a start), but as Ace said his minor league track record for walks is fairly good.

He's obviously not going to hit over .350 for his career, but I think he's got a pretty good chance at being a .300 type of guy.

He's on all my fantasy teams for a reason. People are just now starting to catch on to this guy, but he's a freaking STUD. And the Francoeur comparisons are pretty silly. As Ethier continues to hit, he will draw more walks IMO. I've watched a lot of his at bats, and he's simply a guy that swings if he gets something to hit, and only then. The lack of walks is a product of the fact that everybody is pitching to him and the great numbers are due to him getting pitches to hit. As people become more respectful of him, I'd expect the average to perhaps go down, but the walk total to go up. Beane traded him due to lack of patience, but he's nowhere near as bad as Francoeur, who might be the only player I've ever seen that can end up with 30/110 and be an offensive liability.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 06:18 PM)

Well I have seen them both play. Jeff Francouer problem is he never walks and he will chase that outside pitch and try to pull it all day long. I have no idea why any pitcher would throw him a strike. Either has walked 22 times to go with 52 K's compared with 11 and 95 for Jeff in about one month shorter time.

I'm a huge fan of Ethier. Guy has an explosive bat and while he isn't the greatest in the field right now, I've seen him make a few great plays and he has the ability to turn into a pretty good outfielder.

Considering Bradley's been hurt, its looking like Coletti ripped Beane off.