Where's the Vaz love?

whitesoxin'

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 01:10 AM)
Am I the only one who is an avid fan of Vazquez?

No, your not and I'm surprised noone mentioned me. I backed him more than once (and twice on Sundays) more than enough. But then again, I would back anyone.. :lol:

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 01:10 AM)
If Buehrle threw 8 innings of one run ball while striking out 13 there would have been a thread. Am I the only one who is an avid fan of Vazquez? If he can keep this up and stay pitching to his potential, we are going to be even more feared.

I think it might be... oh, I don't know... his 5+ ERA on the season!! As far as Buehrle, Mark's done more for this team over his career than Vazquez ever could. There's no comparison, and if you see a double standard, well, it's there for a reason.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 06:06 AM)
Yeah that was an article in the Trib saying he changed his arm angle. Hopefully he can continue having success with it.

I also heard a couple of starts ago, Farmer talked to Javy about his technique deteriorating as he tired, supposedly he wasn't getting a good high leg kick, and it was causing a lack of movement in his pitches, especially his curveball.

Hopefully this means Javy has turned the corner, because as I see it, he has the second best pure arm on the team behind Jose. If those two start firing, and throw in Garland and Buehrle for good measure, look out Tigers.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 11:19 PM)
I also heard a couple of starts ago, Farmer talked to Javy about his technique deteriorating as he tired, supposedly he wasn't getting a good high leg kick, and it was causing a lack of movement in his pitches, especially his curveball.

That's quite an interesting little story in itself.

I wonder if this will mean Javy will just abandon the curveball now in the later innings if he just starts to feel the pinch tiredness wise?

If he can get that high leg kick going though, and he continues to throw the way he did in his last start, hopefully this won't be an issue.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 08:27 AM)
That's quite an interesting little story in itself.

I wonder if this will mean Javy will just abandon the curveball now in the later innings if he just starts to feel the pinch tiredness wise?

If he can get that high leg kick going though, and he continues to throw the way he did in his last start, hopefully this won't be an issue.

For something like this, realizing it is half of the battle. It happens across all sports, and especially in this particular situation, it was probably something he didn't even realize until someone pointed it out to him. Now in the later innings, it will be in the back of his mind, so he will work harder to make sure he is technically correct. Plus the confidence of an outing last Saturday goes a long way too.