Is Scotty Pods underrated?

greg775

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 04:02 PM)
Mack last 3 years against righties: .272, .258, .273

So you attribute a 50-60 point jump this year simply by him being on a better team? That's a stretch IMO.

And my main point is you devalue him if you make him try to do something he's never done -- with good reason. And your "he's played in 79 games, so he's not really a bench player" is a weak argument. How many games has he actually started? He can come off the bench for one at-bat to pinch-hit and that counts as a game played for him. And Ozzie was forced to play him 5 or 6 days in a row when Anderson was suspended.

We're just going to go around in another circle. You think Pods serves a purpose. I think he's the worst starter on the team, hands down.

EDIT: And remember that Pods was a minor leaguer for 10 years. If he can take that long to figure out how to break in the league, I think there's a chance that Mack could figure out hitting. You don't hit that much over .300 against righties by a fluke.

Edited by Milkman delivers

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that it means anything, or that anyone really cares, but I found this interesting since I thought the difference wouldn't be this large. Since his miserable start to the year (which can likely be attributed to the lack of a spring training), Pods has put up a .287/.361/.411 line, which is more than respectable, and pretty damn good for a leadoff man.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 10:07 PM)
Not that it means anything, or that anyone really cares, but I found this interesting since I thought the difference wouldn't be this large. Since his miserable start to the year (which can likely be attributed to the lack of a spring training), Pods has put up a .287/.361/.411 line, which is more than respectable, and pretty damn good for a leadoff man.

What date does that start at?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 04:14 PM)
If that's the case, then I'd like to say something.

Learn how to bunt, play defense, strengthen your arm, protect with two strikes, steal bases, and show a little more hustle.

Amen, guy with so some much speed is a total waste when you cant even bunt or play solid Defense. Hit the cut off man, your arm is weak pods.. hope you read this.

Edited by Soxpranos