Who will be the best QB in the league this year?

Who do you believe will be the best QB in the game this year? Certainly Tom Brady and Peyton Manning seem like viable contenders to do this. So does Carson Palmer, but only if his knee recovers fast enough. Drew Brees or Jake Delhomme to surprise this year and have a career year maybe? Culpepper or McNabb perhaps? Perhaps Rex Grossman will live up to his bold words and become the best QB in the league this year?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 03:27 PM)
Keep in mind he has no running game to speak of this year. He'll still be good. He's Peyton Manning. But it's a real stretch to say he'll be far and away the best qb this year. I see Culpepper having a huge year.

The Colts won't be hurting too much, as a result of Edge leaving.

Roethlisberger will have the most weapons he has had in his short career this year, and will bring more focus, as well as a few less teeth. If Santonio Holmes can evade police on Sundays then Ben should be in the running. He won't throw for as many yards as Manning, Brady, Culpepper, Green etc, but he will do what needs to be done to win and put up 3,000+ yards.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 03:50 PM)
Oh really? You thinkin' the kid y'all drafted out of LSU? I forgot his name.

Joseph Addai. I think he'll have a nice year considering the o-line he's got.

Would anyone else not be surprised at all if Jake Daylight come and you gotta DelHomme had an absolutely dominant year? If Steve Smith stays healthy, they have a much better receiver opposite Smith this year in Johnson, and a fresh pair of legs in their running game.

Philip Rivers and Eli Manning are 2 other guys who have a lot of questions but are in ideal situations to just come out and be awesome.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 03:52 PM)
Would anyone else not be surprised at all if Jake Daylight come and you gotta DelHomme had an absolutely dominant year? If Steve Smith stays healthy, they have a much better receiver opposite Smith this year in Johnson, and a fresh pair of legs in their running game.

Philip Rivers and Eli Manning are 2 other guys who have a lot of questions but are in ideal situations to just come out and be awesome.

Rivers will be a lot like Big Ben has the last couple years, feeding off his running game, o line, and defense IMO. That's very good, but not best in the league. I can't comment on Eli because I just hate that whiny little baby, and I'd be shocked if Delhomme, who has been incosistent his whole career, is good again in 2006.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 01:53 PM)
Rivers will be a lot like Big Ben has the last couple years, feeding off his running game, o line, and defense IMO. That's very good, but not best in the league. I can't comment on Eli because I just hate that whiny little baby, and I'd be shocked if Delhomme, who has been incosistent his whole career, is good again in 2006.

But you're forgetting how good the weapons are that Rivers can throw to. Hell, even last year Brees screwed himself over because he'd look away from LT on some routes out of the backfield. Between LT and Gates, Rivers has 2 damn good targets to throw to who can make things happen quite well for him.

Eli...well, he has the guns, but his problem is missing them. He fixes that accuracy problem, and all of a sudden he'll look great, no matter how much he whines.

The thing I keep thinking about is that there always seems to be 1-2 QB's who come out of nowhere every year to have great years, like Hasselbeck last year, for example. Or Kurt Warner, Jake Delhomme his first year, hell even Tom Brady. So, I'm just trying to think, aside from Peyton and Brady, who out there has the weapons and system around them to really come out and be dynamite.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 03:45 PM)
Not Kyle Orton. He won games and didn't make the big mistake, the Bears will dread the day they made him 3rd string.

L

M

A

O

Edit: It just dawned on me that you were being sarcastic (atleast I pray you were).

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 04:02 PM)
I'm with balta on Rivers. I expect him to have a very good season.

I actually agree with you and Balta that Rivers will be good. However, I don't think Marty will let him throw enough to be a top QB in the league. The Chargers this year are just going to run LT and rely on the defense since both should be really good. Marty, as conservative as he is, will probably REALLY clam up with a guy who has almost no NFL experience taking the snaps. Rivers will be real good, but I doubt he gets enough chances to show himself to be a top QB.