Sox on National TV a lot this Week

elrockinMT

Just thought that Sox fans eveywhere would like to know that the White Sox will be on national TV (ESPN) 3 times this week and on WGN once.

Monday versus the Angels on ESPN Monday Night Baseball (5 PM MDT)

Tuesday versus the Yankees on WGN (6:30 PM MDT)

Wednesday versus the Yankees on ESPN Wednesday Night Game (6:05 PM MDT)

Thursday versus the Yankees on ESPN Thursday Game of the Week (6:05 PM MDT)

See you on the television! :gosox3:

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 11:31 AM)
Just thought that Sox fans eveywhere would like to know that the White Sox will be on national TV (ESPN) 3 times this week and on WGN once.

I'll be there on Thursday so maybe you will see me. :P Good exposure this week...hopefully we play well.

QUOTE(atrain081 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 12:06 PM)
it's good that they're easier to follow this year. i don't mind the mlb radio though either, but it's nice to be able to watch and not pay a boatload for the streaming TV

mlb.tv is a great deal to me. as long as you have dsl/cable. 15/month is a great package

got the DVR all set out here in SoCal!! Best part for us out of towners is that three of these are in HD, since we don't get WGN HD out of the Chgo area

I can attest first hand that we are well well below .500 on natl TV, because they seem to lose every time I get to watch them live, it's uncanny. Yesterday's WGN game was the first live winner I've seen in a long while

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 05:06 PM)
Saturday's on Fox too.

Which sucks for anyone west of the Mississippi because for some reason they don't like to show the early fox game...

and extra innings doesnt show the games on fox.....

Edited by DABearSoX

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 11:31 AM)

THere's a suprise, back to back days on ESPN in which a Yankees game is featured.

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 07:14 PM)
Which sucks for anyone west of the Mississippi because for some reason they don't like to show the early fox game...

and extra innings doesnt show the games on fox.....

That's my gripe with FOX too. I wish MLB would offer more free-tv packages for the networks to bid on. Sunday day games, etc, etc.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 12:48 PM)
That's my gripe with FOX too. I wish MLB would offer more free-tv packages for the networks to bid on. Sunday day games, etc, etc.

Or just don't block out the damn early game just because Fox buys it. I'm paying $150 for the extra innings package, and you're gonna steal Saturday from me? one of the two days I'm guaranteed to be home? That's fishing awful.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 06:23 PM)
Enjoying the heat? :D

Welcome to the states, and Texas!!

Well, it is so damn hot that I am getting sick of it. I am kinda of used to the heat anyway...I was expecting some snow here where I am in the last winter, but just some rain and coldness. I have been here for almost one year...a lot of hot girls :cheers .

QUOTE(AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 09:33 PM)
Well I won't get the Sox game on Saturday because one of the local teams will be the game in my area.

Which is what sucks about living in NJ. Usually I don't care since I usually work Saturday afternoons, but I'm quitting on Thursday, so I could actually watch it. Instead, its blacked out on MLB.tv and isn't shown on Fox.

QUOTE(rafacosta @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 10:53 PM)
Well, it is so damn hot that I am getting sick of it. I am kinda of used to the heat anyway...I was expecting some snow here where I am in the last winter, but just some rain and coldness. I have been here for almost one year...a lot of hot girls :cheers .

Rafacosta,

It's good to hear from you. What made you leave the bathing beauties of Brazil for the heat of Texas?

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 11:10 PM)
Rafacosta,

It's good to hear from you. What made you leave the bathing beauties of Brazil for the heat of Texas?

Glad to be back, but I am not a poster like I used to be...posting all the time, etc. Grad school, that's the reason I am here (Texas A&M ... go aggies!). I'll prolly stay more 5 years...

Well the National TV exposure was not good on Monday. I was very dissapointed in the result. The ESPN announcesr kept up the commentary that Buerhle just didn't look like the Buerhle from earlier in the season and last year. Velocity down and missing his spots. I also thought the home plate ump was squeezing that strike zone a bit. Tuesday night is on WGN. Hopefully Garcia can give a good performance