McCarthy

MarlinFan84

QUOTE(MarlinFan84 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 03:27 PM)
Why does your team continuously bring in old pitchers, sometimes at high cost, and let McCarthy, a stud youngin never get a chance?

It doesnt make sense to me.

He will get his chance next year, hopefully.

Freddy and his 86mph fastball should be gone by then.

I think, at least at the beginning of the season, the best argument was that he is young, he has a stressful delivery, and his body is still growing/adding weight.

You try to throw him for a lot of high-stress, starting innings early in his career, and he's probably more likely than Verlander to turn into Mark Prior.

But yeah, his spot in the rotation next year should be unquestionned. And in 2-3 years, he'll have the top spot in that rotation.

QUOTE(MarlinFan84 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 01:30 PM)
BTW I wasn't dogging any of your starters or their talents, just saying there is sometimes no use bringing them in while McCarthy doesn't get a chance.

You want to make fast friends here? Start dogging Freddy Garcia.

QUOTE(MarlinFan84 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 04:27 PM)
Why does your team continuously bring in old pitchers, sometimes at high cost, and let McCarthy, a stud youngin never get a chance?

It doesnt make sense to me.

This is the question I've been trying to find the answer to since the Vazquez trade. The best answer I could find is that KW felt that BMac needed to bulk up this year, so he went out of his way to pick up another fifth starter. Hopefully he'll deal a starter next year to make room for him.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 03:35 PM)
...kept Pods in LF rather than Chris Young and his stud future getting a shot. So in a sense, that trade has worked out great.

Chris Young is the guy that dropped out of winter ball?

If so, it's his fault he's not in a White Sox uni.