Official Game Thread 8/7 - Angels vs Sox 6:05

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 08:45 PM)
Ozzie will never learn. Last year proved to him that there is only one way to manage. He's going to leave any and all SP's out there until they completely blow up. That's just Ozzie. He'll never change.

But...but...Hawk told me leaving in pitchers builds confidence amongst the starters? Garland's stellar 05' season can alone be contributed to Guillen leaving him in to work out of trouble!!!!

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 01:48 AM)
The Sox were outmanaged tonight. Ozzie has to give his team the best chance to win the game. Its time to quit screwing around, and watch what is going on. The starters are getting lit up, bring in the bullpen.

It's the number 1 job of the manager. Well said!

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 08:47 PM)
LMAO. Do you think that Ozzie EVER looks at statistics? I doubt he ever even takes a glance at them.

I actually saw him and Cooper looking in a book the other day. It kind of ruined his managing from the gut persona.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 08:48 PM)
The Sox were outmanaged tonight. Ozzie has to give his team the best chance to win the game. Its time to quit screwing around, and watch what is going on. The starters are getting lit up, bring in the bullpen.

He's done that the whole year. I throw a hissy fit in the later innings everytime he goes out to the mound and doesnt take out our starter. We've seen it way too often this year.