24 games in 24 days: The tracker

Steve9347

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(mrzo2733 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 01:16 AM)
I caught your humor. I think what he was trying to say was that no no no you're not even close... this is ACTUALLY what the Sox will do. But of course he doesn't give a prediction because he's just making ajoke about how pointless it is to try and predict game for game. YOu've gotta have the right sense of humor to get it.

Yes, yes, and yes. If you could predict EVERY game, I'd say move to Vegas, and enjoy the good life, sitting in the sports lounges every night, watching the ca$h roll in.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 10:55 AM)
The pressure will not let up the rest of the year. I am worried we will need to take the final three vs. Min to get into the playoffs.

Realistically no it is not. 16 (3 v. TB, KC and Sea and 7 v. Clev are all winnable no tipping the cap bulls***). We need to go 11-5 here.

of the 21 remaining 15 are on the road so we go 7-8 in these and 4-2 at home = 11-10

Is 21-15 enough to make the playoffs?????

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 08:53 PM)
Realistically no it is not. 16 (3 v. TB, KC and Sea and 7 v. Clev are all winnable no tipping the cap bulls***). We need to go 11-5 here.

of the 21 remaining 15 are on the road so we go 7-8 in these and 4-2 at home = 11-10

Is 21-15 enough to make the playoffs?????

That is cutting it really close! No matter what it is, it will come down to the final series vs Minny.

We needed to go 18-3 at one point a couple weeks ago to "get back in it". I came up with that number Assuming that Detroit would continue on its hot pace (you can Never ever assume a team will go on a slump just because "theyre due") 18-3 would have us catching the Tigers by September. For what its worth, the Season will really end for us a week earlier because the Tiggers have a cupcake schedule the last week and a half. The SOX will have to have that wrapped up by then. I basically stopped counting after we lost 4 games barely halfway into that "streak", losing the ground we worked so hard to gain. Now, the SOX have compounded this by losing to the Tigers.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 08:32 AM)
We needed to go 18-3 at one point a couple weeks ago to "get back in it". I came up with that number Assuming that Detroit would continue on its hot pace (you can Never ever assume a team will go on a slump just because "theyre due") 18-3 would have us catching the Tigers by September. For what its worth, the Season will really end for us a week earlier because the Tiggers have a cupcake schedule the last week and a half. The SOX will have to have that wrapped up by then. I basically stopped counting after we lost 4 games barely halfway into that "streak", losing the ground we worked so hard to gain. Now, the SOX have compounded this by losing to the Tigers.

The wildcard still gets you in the playoffs right?

They play well against good teams so as long as they can get in, I have faith.

QUOTE(Ballpark Frank - Big Hurt @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 11:15 PM)
Wouldn't it suck if the clinching game for getting into the playoffs ocurred on the second to last game? The game where there is NO TV FOR...

Im sure mlb would find a way to televise the game. That would just be wrong.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yikes. Thanks for doing this, BTW.

That's barely above .500 ball, which is absurd. The two out of three rule I thought wouldn't be that hard to accomplish. Oh well.

How does that suck? Are you out of your mind?

2 out of 3 at Toronto

lost to LAA

2 out of 3 against the Yanks

Swept 3 against Detroit

Split 2 of 4 against KC

Took 1 out of 3 AT Minnesota ( I don't know how you expected to do more than that at Minnesota. The Twins are play .700 (.6875 to be exact) baseball at home. To expect anything more than that is crazy)

Split 2 of 4 AT Detroit

I would say, considering our opposition, it has been a great 24 game stretch. The combined records of our opponents during this stretch is 411-350 (.540 Winning PCT). Take away KC and it was a 365-268 (.576 Winning PCT) stretch. I don't think you will find a better record during a stretch like that against those types of teams. We played 5 of the top 8 teams in the AL and went 10-7 against them. You are freaking nuts if you think that is not great.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 10:44 PM)
How does that suck? Are you out of your mind?

2 out of 3 at Toronto

lost to LAA

2 out of 3 against the Yanks

Swept 3 against Detroit

Split 2 of 4 against KC

Took 1 out of 3 AT Minnesota ( I don't know how you expected to do more than that at Minnesota. The Twins are play .700 (.6875 to be exact) baseball at home. To expect anything more than that is crazy)

Split 2 of 4 AT Detroit

I would say, considering our opposition, it has been a great 24 game stretch. The combined records of our opponents during this stretch is 411-350 (.540 Winning PCT). Take away KC and it was a 365-268 (.576 Winning PCT) stretch. I don't think you will find a better record during a stretch like that against those types of teams. We played 5 of the top 8 teams in the AL and went 10-7 against them. You are freaking nuts if you think that is not great.

Blasted Royals series might come back to bite the Sox in the ass. Should have taken 3 there.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 06:56 PM)
Im sure mlb would find a way to televise the game. That would just be wrong.

This happens just about every year, and the game is NOT televised. It's an 11:00 start, which takes it out of Fox's normal times, so they don't take it, and if they don't take it, nobody else can. I don't know if it's accessible on the internet.

QUOTE(Al Lopez @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 07:04 AM)
This happens just about every year, and the game is NOT televised. It's an 11:00 start, which takes it out of Fox's normal times, so they don't take it, and if they don't take it, nobody else can. I don't know if it's accessible on the internet.

Something needs to be done about this. That game could be HUGE. Someone get a letter made up to fox and mlb or start a website or something. We have numbers....we can be heard. It's a least worth a shot. Is Fox saying some paid programming garbage will get more eyes then a possible playoff clincher with the White Sox.

Fox has bought many many games so far this season for saturday baseball. Im pretty possitive Fox will buy this game if it has playoff significance.

And isn't the game at 11:10 because the Minnesota Gophers begin their football season that day or something like that?!?

When the time comes, this can be very serious.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 11:41 AM)
Fox has bought many many games so far this season for saturday baseball. Im pretty possitive Fox will buy this game if it has playoff significance.

And isn't the game at 11:10 because the Minnesota Gophers begin their football season that day or something like that?!?

When the time comes, this can be very serious.

Minnesota plays Michigan that night on ABC, so they play the baseball game early to get the field prepped...FOX should pick up that game, because they did it for the damn Cubs at the end of '03 when they had an unscheduled DH at the end of the year.