Crede possibly to the DL

joeynach

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 09:45 PM)
Do you really think Fields could come up right now and produce? I really don't believe he could, think Brian Anderson in April, but worse at the plate and without the fantastic d.

There's not a chance in hell that Fields would be as bad as (April) Anderson was at the plate. If he is, then we really screwed up by not trading him when his value was sky high. His defense isn't good, but neither is Mackowiak or Ozuna at 3B. It's one of the main reasons why Crede is one of our 2 most irreplaceable guys (AJP the other).

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 09:55 PM)
He'd be worse, there's really no doubt in my mind.

I think Fields could put up better than 4 extra base hits in 62 ABs and have an OPS higher than .550. I really admire the way Anderson is hitting now, because he looked like a little leaguer the first two months of this season. Fields will K a lot, but he does have some pop in his bat.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 04:57 PM)
I think Fields could put up better than 4 extra base hits in 62 ABs and have an OPS higher than .550. I really admire the way Anderson is hitting now, because he looked like a little leaguer the first two months of this season. Fields will K a lot, but he does have some pop in his bat.

Ok, I should have added that he'd hit run into a few more. He'd hit for a worse average though, that's what I was trying to say.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 02:58 PM)
Ok, I should have added that he'd hit run into a few more. He'd hit for a worse average though, that's what I was trying to say.

Worse than .159? Hell, I think it'd be hard for most people in the big leagues to be worse than that if they had to face a pitching staff of Liriano, Santana, Brandon Webb, Jose Conteras, and Mariano Rivera every day.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 09:58 PM)

Here's some role reversal. I'm being optimistic about a player, and you're being pessimistic. :cheers

Crede has been giving us production in the low half of the order, he gives us a power stroke who hits clutch shots late in the game. Hopefully he can get better without going on the DL. He will be missed if he goes down.

If he is down, you bring up Fields. Lets see what the kid can do.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 09:51 PM)
Play Ozuna at 3rd, occasionally spelled by Mack. People may forget, but Ozuna got to a point where he didn't do that bad over there last year. Obviously nothing like Crede, but passable.

Why not just platoon Mackowiak and Cintron? Better defensively and offensively.

Cintron career OPS vs lefties -- .794.

Mack career OPS vs righties -- .760.

It's not Joe Crede version 2006, but who are we kidding? Nobody would be. However, the platoon above would be the best possible replacement.

If anything, I'd call up Fields and give Podsednik a real platoon partner. Fields OPS vs lefties this year is 1.083.

Looks like this is all mute if Crede is in the lineup tonight.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 04:57 PM)

He had 5 extra base hits in 90 July ABs in Charlotte, striking out 28 times.

He is/would-be very hit and miss. He has a better shot than Brain did of being a dangerous hitter immediately upon call-up, but he also figures to struggle as bad, if not, worse than Brian did.

And this is all moot because Crede is in the line-up tonight.

QUOTE(joeynach @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 04:16 PM)
I didn't catch the whole thing becuase I tuned in at the last second but I thought I heard the update guy say Crede's back is still bothering him and he wont play tonight and he might go to the DL. Anyone else hear this or have any info?

he actually said that crede will play tonight, and its uribe who could end up on the DL.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 05:22 PM)
Maybe they meant Uribe?

Yes it is Uribe they were talking about. When they said back trouble and possible DL i thought they were talking about Crede but it is actually Uribe. We will see what happens. We have some viable backups there in cintron and ozuna.

QUOTE(joeynach @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 09:12 AM)
Yes it is Uribe they were talking about. When they said back trouble and possible DL i thought they were talking about Crede but it is actually Uribe. We will see what happens. We have some viable backups there in cintron and ozuna.

Ozuna at SS is not what I would call viable. He can play 3B, but at SS he looked awful when he played last year.