I can't take this anymore....

whitesoxfan101

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 09:47 PM)
I can agree with that. I was just responding to Tito's bogus claim of Buehrle getting absolutely shelled. That wasn't anywhere near the case.

So, 3 homers ISN'T getting shelled? Hot damn, sign me up then, I'll pitch.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 09:46 PM)
Wow dude, you're pretty good with the quote button! :notworthy

I was pointing out that you need to be a little more clearer with your posts. You said how can we pay a guy in '07 with an era of 11. I'm pretty sure his era won't reach 11.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 09:49 PM)
I was pointing out that you need to be a little more clearer with your posts. You said how can we play a guy in '07 with an era of 11. I'm pretty sure his era won't reach 11.

If his arm is dead, and thats an if, his ERA has been around 11 since. I don't want a 2007 starter with an 11 ERA, its really not that confusing.

Buehrle did not look that bad outside of a few pitches but God damn it if he showed me no fire in the last inning. Not that I am looking for Carlos Zambrano type stuff but a little emotion would be a good thing. How many strikes does he have to throw to get a guy out. An umpire is getting it from both benches, why not from Buehrle too. He should have given that ump hell.

I had the chance to listen to the PFB take calls on the post game show. Is baseball knowledge not a requirement for his job? The guy keeps repeating stuff that is not only inaccurate, but just stupid. Every single caller disagreed with the way Ozzie handled Buehrle tonight, but the PFB kept repeating the same tired line: "just think how high Buehrle's confidence would be if he got out of that inning". Will someone please ask the PFB how Buehrle's confidence is shot again due to being left out on the mound to implode again?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 09:52 PM)
I had the chance to listen to the PFB take calls on the post game show. Is baseball knowledge not a requirement for his job? The guy keeps repeating stuff that is not only inaccurate, but just stupid. Every single caller disagreed with the way Ozzie handled Buehrle tonight, but the PFB kept repeating the same tired line: "just think how high Buehrle's confidence would be if he got out of that inning". Will someone please ask the PFB how Buehrle's confidence is shot again due to being left out on the mound to implode again?

Hawk at least will get on a player from time to time. Mr Smiles and Puppy farts can spin any bad loss into a great opportunity for future winning.

The last caller got angry with PFB. It was pretty funny.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 10:49 PM)
If his arm is dead, and thats an if, his ERA has been around 11 since. I don't want a 2007 starter with an 11 ERA, its really not that confusing.

Yes, because thats realistic. So Mark has some bad starts, which suddenly erase numberous years in the past of being solid? Seriously, look at more than just the past few starts. He hasn't done well, this is known by now, but does that mean his career is over (which is basically what you are saying)? No.

I just have no faith in our starters this year, even Contreras. I would take about 15 pitchers in baseball to start a big game for us right now over any of our starters.

Their miraculous turnaround just might not be coming, and there's a very realistic chance we don't even make the playoffs.

And this team really doesn't have the fire it had last year. We might not want to admit it, but we've become the pre-2005 teams. All offense, no pitching, no emotion. It seems that losing has become acceptable.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 02:57 AM)
PFB, the reason for Buerhles problems are confidence problems.

Yep, that was his stance on the whole issue. I love the caller that mentioned "does Escobar and Burnett now have a lack of confidence because their manager pulled them before the trouble started". According to the PFB, Buehrle needs a boost in confidence more than those guys. Maybe the PFB should do some research and see that Burnett had gotten shelled in his last two starts, and he has a ton of pressure on him to live up to his contract right now.

Furious.

Absolutely furious.

I was at the game and was literally screaming that ozzie take out mark after molina.

I was watching bmac warm up for the past inning and knew he was ready.

I've seen this happen way too many times over the past 2 years. Ozzie is so worried about his pitcher's stat line that he's costing us games.

I haven't been this mad after a sox game in a long while

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 02:58 AM)
I just have no faith in our starters this year, even Contreras. I would take about 15 pitchers in baseball to start a big game for us right now over any of our starters.

Their miraculous turnaround just might not be coming, and there's a very realistic chance we don't even make the playoffs.

And this team really doesn't have the fire it had last year. We might not want to admit it, but we've become the pre-2005 teams. All offense, no pitching, no emotion. It seems that losing has become acceptable.

Until they can prove otherwise, last year was one of those dream seasons where you get career years from numerous guys, avoid major injury issues, and you have the ball bounce your way.

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 09:59 PM)
Furious.

Absolutely furious.

I was at the game and was literally screaming that ozzie take out mark after molina.

I was watching bmac warm up for the past inning and knew he was ready.

I've seen this happen way too many times over the past 2 years. Ozzie is so worried about his pitcher's stat line that he's costing us games.

I haven't been this mad after a sox game in a long while

You pull Buerhle the minute trouble starts in the 7th.

You go with bmac for the 7th and 8th if you are behind or tied. If you get the lead you go to Mac, Thornton and Jenks.

It should be the formula. If we are so worried about the bullpen, then DL Uribe and bring up another arm. Our starters cannot all go into the 7th inning and get wins. Its not 2005.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 10:02 PM)
You pull Buerhle the minute trouble starts in the 7th.

You go with bmac for the 7th and 8th if you are behind or tied. If you get the lead you go to Mac, Thornton and Jenks.

It should be the formula. If we are so worried about the bullpen, then DL Uribe and bring up another arm. Our starters cannot all go into the 7th inning and get wins. Its not 2005.

we went out and get guys like macdougal for a reason.

If bmac came in, in the 7th and gave up a few runs, I wouldn't be nearly this upset, cause at least ozzie made some sort of right move.

But honestly, it's got to be around 10 games that we've lost this season, due to just leaving the starter in their too long.

We won in the playoffs last year in spite of ozzie, basically we didn't give him a chance to screw it up.

I think more and more people are beggining to see that.

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 10:05 PM)

If bmac came in, in the 7th and gave up a few runs, I wouldn't be nearly this upset, cause at least ozzie made some sort of right move.

But honestly, it's got to be around 10 games that we've lost this season, due to just leaving the starter in their too long.

We won in the playoffs last year in spite of ozzie, basically we didn't give him a chance to screw it up.

The thing that gets me upset the most is the fact that Ozzie felt the need to go and have a chat with Buerhle. I kept thinking to myself, Ozzie is leaving the mound and Buerhle is still there. Didnt he just say that he realizes that we need to win as many games as we can. That he will have a quick hook for our SP if they get into trouble. Then I remember that we were losing 4-3 going into the 7th inning yesterday, we get into a jam OG comes out, chats with the pitcher leaves and then implosion. Just like on Thursday in KC when he had the same 7th inning chat with Freddy.

I wonder what it will take to get him fired this offseason. I am convinced if we had a halfway decent field tactician we could get a few more wins than we have now. This not pulling your pitchers when they are done is getting old.

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 10:05 PM)

Ozzie is a piss-poor manager when it comes to in-game decisions.

His "strength" of being able to motivate his team has somehow disappeared recently, too. Can't see much passion in the team.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 03:10 AM)
I wonder what it will take to get him fired this offseason. I am convinced if we had a halfway decent field tactician we could get a few more wins than we have now. This not pulling your pitchers when they are done is getting old.

His big mouth.

This team is very poorly coached. They're terrible at running the bases, they don't communicate well (how many times do we see the fielders nearly collide, the balk tonight was another example too), and can't execute bunts at all.