Nuclear War

Texsox

Nuclear War  

18 members have voted

1. 1. When will a nuclear bomb be dropped next?

• 5 Years or sooner
    • >5 years <10
    • >10 <20
    • >20
    • Never

I wish I shared your optimism. I believe that nuclear bombs will be dropped within the next 10 - 15 years. As they become easier to produce, a nut job will get one and in a fit of suicide, it will be detonated.

QUOTE(Pale Hose Jon @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 10:30 PM)
As close as we may come, i don't think that a nuclear bomb will ever be dropped again as an act of war.

I really believe we will see a nuclear or atomic weapon detonated in our lifetime as an act of terrorism, not as an act of war.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 05:32 PM)
Sadly, I believe we will see a nuclear weapon dropped/detonated as an act of war in our lifetime. Even more sad, it will in all likelyhood again be the United States doing the dropping/detonating. :crying

I believe it will be detonated, but not by the US. At worst, we may provide it to some third party in the Middle East, but I don't believe we will drop/detonate another one.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 07:01 AM)
I really believe we will see a nuclear or atomic weapon detonated in our lifetime as an act of terrorism, not as an act of war.

Agreed. I don't think a nation will be insane enough to use a nuke, however a terrorist group will. And that event will probably be sonner rather than later.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 06:35 PM)
I believe it will be detonated, but not by the US. At worst, we may provide it to some third party in the Middle East, but I don't believe we will drop/detonate another one.

Tex, we're talking about a country that has let its current administration convince them that the pursuit of "tactical nukes" and both ethical and necessary. That technology is not being pursued for the results to remain unused. And they may not pack the megatons they bigger siblings do, but they are still bombs, are they not?

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 06:42 PM)
Tex, we're talking about a country that has let its current administration convince them that the pursuit of "tactical nukes" and both ethical and necessary. That technology is not being pursued for the results to remain unused. And they may not pack the megatons they bigger siblings do, but they are still bombs, are they not?

Actually, use the correct term. Congress keeps calling them "Usable" nuclear weapons. Usable.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 05:35 PM)

We already HAVE provided some as a third party to at least one Middle East nation.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 05:32 PM)
Sadly, I believe we will see a nuclear weapon dropped/detonated as an act of war in our lifetime. Even more sad, it will in all likelyhood again be the United States doing the dropping/detonating. :crying

I believe the US will, in all likelyhood, be the recipient.