Game Thread 8/8/06 Sox-Yanks

Jake

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 08:02 PM)
It would feel good to beat Wang

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 08:03 PM)
Wait, by "scapegoating" (which Im pretty sure is a terrible use of the word) do you mean blaming Ozzie for the teams problems? Or blaming the problems on everyone but Ozzie? Because the way you worded it, it could go either way.

Oh boy, break out the grammar police when it's not even necessary. Get a clue.

Let me put in simpler terms for you: you're deflecting blame from certain players onto Ozzie because it fits your mindset that Ozzie is causing the majority of the problems on the team. I would say that Ozzie most likely didn't pull Mackowiak aside and say, "Hey, Rob, 20 bux says you can't hit into a double play here," and Rob rushed up there looking to hit into a DP. After he did, Rob then high five'd Ozzie, took the 20 bux and was quite satisfied with himself.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 08:09 PM)
I could live with a PK out as long as it isn't him attempting to pull the ball

.....and he does with terrible results.

Could you have any worse combination attempting to break up a double play than Thome and Konerko?

Hawk's UH OH's are interesting. His pathetic way of saying, "GOD DAMMIT MOTHERf***ER!"

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 08:10 PM)
Oh boy, break out the grammar police when it's not even necessary. Get a clue.

Let me put in simpler terms for you: you're deflecting blame from certain players onto Ozzie because it fits your mindset that Ozzie is causing the majority of the problems on the team. I would say that Ozzie most likely didn't pull Mackowiak aside and say, "Hey, Rob, 20 bux says you can't hit into a double play here," and Rob rushed up there looking to hit into a DP. After he did, Rob then high five'd Ozzie, took the 20 bux and was quite satisfied with himself.

Where the f*** have you been??? I've been blaming Podsednik, Mackowiak, Ozzie, Freddy, Buehrle, Uribe, Cintron, Widger, Politte... I think YOU need to get a clue, lol.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 08:11 PM)
that was a bad swing by PK there, he got 2-0 and was looking to hit a bomb instead of trying to go with what was pitched

Wang doesn't look good tonight and Sox aren't taking advantage

Wang never looks good :D

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 08:10 PM)
Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahaha.

We just gave the lead away... for the 3rd time.

can we ban this guy on some sort of technicality? I've seen other team's trolls get banned for less s*** talking about the Sox.

Wow, FG got away with one to Cano

this game has the feeling this year has had... Sox are just killing themselves with mistakes and looking terrible, but you look up and they're still in it.

(lol, not that is very insightful, but the feeling I have)