Game Thread 8/8/06 Sox-Yanks

Jake

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 07:32 PM)
95 low and away and the knees with sinking action for strike one.

94 running in fouled off for strike 2.

Then a dumb 0-2 pitch.

Jesus f***ing christ. Is this team filled with people who dont know what do to with and 0-2 count.

Now here comes the apendage obsessed manager who brings in Neal Cotts who has a hard time with lefties to face a lefty.

Here we go kids. Lets see how far Giambi hits it.

Giambi is hitting .212 against lefties. That's the good news.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 07:34 PM)
This has all the makings of a walk.

Nope.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 09:35 PM)
Have we ever had an inning where we used 3 pitchers and didn't allow a run? These guys don't deserve to make the playoffs.

I still put this one on the offense. Bases loaded, no out, and we hit that DP. Scotty Pods being thrown out at 3. Two CS to end innings. Bad bad bad.

Holding the vaunted Yankees offense to 5 is solid, and the offense just didn't hold their end of the bargin tonight.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 09:37 PM)
I'm stunned Ozzie brought in our worst reliever in such a tight spot. If you're going to bring a lefty in, you might as well let Thornton face ARod.

Thornton pitched before MacDougal.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 02:36 AM)
shockingly bad, when you think about it. Lots of talent, at least enough not to be playing this consistently bad for a month.

We've gotten pounded in the last two months by any team that has above average talent. The way our starters are throwing this year, they're nothing more than paper champions.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 02:37 AM)
I still put this one on the offense. Bases loaded, no out, and we hit that DP. Scotty Pods being thrown out at 3. Two CS to end innings. Bad bad bad.

Holding the vaunted Yankees offense to 5 is solid, and the offense just didn't hold their end of the bargin tonight.

If they lose, this game is on the entire team. They could have broken the game wide open, but Mackowiak cost us a few runs on O and D, and PK had an awful AB.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 09:31 PM)
Lets keep throwing 0-2 fastballs right down the plate. AJP is really letting me down with his pitch calling.

Seriously. The dude just looks lazy back there this year.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 09:36 PM)
Well...that's all for me. I'm gonna just assume this game is over, since I doubt we're getting out of this with just one. I'm going to go play some super nintendo. Yes, super nintendo. It's so much less painful.

Especially with three terrible hitters against lefties coming up agaisnt a pretty damn good lefty.

Dye should be hitting in the three hole.