Game Thread 8/8/06 Sox-Yanks

Jake

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 08:26 PM)
BRIAN ANDERSON CAN'T HIT RIGHTIES! MACKOWIAK OFFENSE SPECTACULAR!!!

I like this guy, he thinks the same way I do.

:wub: Brian Anderson :wub:

Edited by TitoMB345

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 08:26 PM)
It will stop as soon as this team stops playing horrible baseball, shows no fire, has horrible pitching with an inept manager.

somehow, I doubt that

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 08:28 PM)
Does anyone in the press even ask him why he keeps continuing to trot Mack out in CF on a regular basis?

Oh man, we need Mariotti to do that. We'd see a funny Ozzie moment, and possibly the end of his coaching days in Chicago, all at once!

somehow, I doubt that

The criticism of this team is well earned. I don't know how any fan can be optimistic about the rest of this season given how this team has played and how it has been managed. We all WANT the Sox to get to the playoffs. But if you follow the team and actually watch the games, I don't see how one can actually think it is going to happen.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 08:31 PM)
The criticism of this team is well earned. I don't know how any fan can be optimistic about the rest of this season given how this team has played and how it has been managed. We all WANT the Sox to get to the playoffs. But if you follow the team and actually watch the games, I don't see how one can actually think it is going to happen.

I didnt realize I needed all of my fellow Sox fans to rub it in my nose as well?

See, you always flip around "Dont trash the Sox" with "Gee, the Sox are AWESOME!".

I can see the problems, but I dont enjoy trashing the Sox and hoping bad things will happen to the team and that the manager gets fired. That sounds like a Cubs fan.

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 08:31 PM)

Ive loved this team through good and bad for 32 years and thats not going to change now..Thats what makes a true fan...32 years of watching and 4 playoff appearances...This season another excellent chance to do it...feel free to jump off the wagon, and dont come back!!

I didnt realize I needed all of my fellow Sox fans to rub it in my nose as well?

What you need is irrelevant. This board is for talking about the Sox. When so many of us see bad things and predict more bad things for the Sox, we're going to call it like we see it. This place would be exceptionally boring if the posts were all, "Go Sox Go!" "We're Great!" "The Sox are going to win it all!" Cheerleading is for 16 year old girls.

Ive loved this team through good and bad for 32 years and thats not going to change now..Thats what makes a true fan...32 years of watching and 4 playoff appearances...This season another excellent chance to do it...feel free to jump off the wagon, and dont come back!!

So saying that this team has a lot of serious problems and that I don't think they'll make it to the playoffs is "jumping off the wagon"? I've been a Sox fan all of my life and that's never going to stop. But I'm not going to close my eyes and pretend everything is fine. I prefer to be a realistic fan, and not a blind homer.

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 08:34 PM)

I'm not leaving, even though I give this team hell, Im a fan for life. Sorry.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 08:35 PM)
What you need is irrelevant. This board is for talking about the Sox. When so many of us see bad things and predict more bad things for the Sox, we're going to call it like we see it. This place would be exceptionally boring if the posts were all, "Go Sox Go!" "We're Great!" "The Sox are going to win it all!" Cheerleading is for 16 year old girls.

Once again, missing the point.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 08:36 PM)
So saying that this team has a lot of serious problems and that I don't think they'll make it to the playoffs is "jumping off the wagon"? I've been a Sox fan all of my life and that's never going to stop. But I'm not going to close my eyes and pretend everything is fine. I prefer to be a realistic fan, and not a blind homer.

Bingo.