Game Thread 8/8/06 Sox-Yanks

Jake

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty sure that FG will come up and earn 2 runs in this top of the 6th on a HR. Even worst, Guillen will leave him there so that 2 more baserunnes can get on base and our BP will allow this runners...we lose again...

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 08:38 PM)
Right back at ya, friend.

Your point is always obvious. Kick them when they are down, never hope for the best, if you cheer, you are a cheerleader.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 08:39 PM)
Right, and if you want the team to win, you are a blind homer. And if you want the team to lose, you are a "realistic" fan.

Wrong again, it has nothing to do with WANTING the team to win or lose, it's about being able to understand when a team is struggling, and when a team is clicking.

I don't want the team to lose at all, that would go against everything I've put into this team. I just can't STAND to see them do this bad, period. They are so much better than they are playing right now, and it just strikes a nerve deep in me, which causes me to spew random s*** that isn't wholly true.

Right, and if you want the team to win, you are a blind homer. And if you want the team to lose, you are a "realistic" fan.

Do you think for a second than any of the fans saying bad things about this team actually don't want them to win? If you do, then you are lost in your own anger at anyone who dares to say anything negative. We all want the Sox to win. We don't just close our eyes and cheerlead.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)
Wrong again, it has nothing to do with WANTING the team to win or lose, it's about being able to understand when a team is struggling, and when a team is clicking.

I don't want the team to lose at all, that would go against everything I've put into this team. I just can't STAND to see them do this bad, period. They are so much better than they are playing right now, and it just strikes a nerve deep in me, which causes me to spew random s*** that isn't wholly true.

Ok, that I can completely understand and appreciate. Im as frustrated as the next guy

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 08:41 PM)
Do you think for a second than any of the fans saying bad things about this team actually don't want them to win? If you do, then you are lost in your own anger at anyone who dares to say anything negative. We all want the Sox to win. We don't just close our eyes and cheerlead.

:cheers

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 08:41 PM)

You have done this multiple times, you are just a broadbrush-er to the extreme

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 11:46 AM)
Remember when a guy would be traded from the NL to the AL and his stats would start from 0...when did this change..I noticed Wilson officially gets credit for #14, but #1 in the AL

Quite insane that the Yanks only had to give up Shawn Chacon for him.

Dave Littlefield is just a HORRIBLE GM.