Game Thread 8/8/06 Sox-Yanks

Jake

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Having Thornton pitch to one of the most patient hitters in the game, bringing Cotts in in a non mop up spot, or Mack being in center, which gave the Yanks the run that is why they had a lead starting the 9th.

Which move is the worst one by Ozzie tonight?? At usual, there are multiple candidates.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 10:53 PM)
Farmer questioned why Pods didn't even make a throw into 2nd.

It wouldn't have been close at all. Pods did the smart thing by not even risking it.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 02:53 AM)
Having Thornton pitch to one of the most patient hitters in the game, bringing Cotts in in a non mop up spot, or Mack being in center, which gave the Yanks the run that is why they had a lead starting the 9th.

Which move is the worst one by Ozzie tonight?? At usual, there are multiple candidates.

It's almost the same exact way we lost to them in the first game after the ASB.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 02:53 AM)
Farmer questioned why Pods didn't even make a throw into 2nd.

I question why he's even in the majors.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 10:53 PM)

I turned the game on after the Yankees scored most of their runs (caught the bottom of the 3rd), but I don't see how Ozzie can be blamed for this.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 02:54 AM)
It wouldn't have been close at all. Pods did the smart thing by not even risking it.

Yeah, he had no chance on that play. There's still no excuse for his lack of a throw home in the first inning.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 09:53 PM)

Thornton hasn't been good lately, but he got Damon out and probably should of gotten Jeter out. I have ZERO confidence in Cotts and thought for sure he'd screw up, only I thought it would of been a slam.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 02:55 AM)
I turned the game on after the Yankees scored most of their runs (caught the bottom of the 3rd), but I don't see how Ozzie can be blamed for this.

Well, Mackowiak flat out cost us a run in the first inning.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 10:56 PM)
Yeah, he had no chance on that play. There's still no excuse for his lack of a throw home in the first inning.

I can't say anything about that simply because I missed the first few innings.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 10:56 PM)
Now Ozzie brings in Jenks in a NSS in the middle of an inning. He's aware that Jenks sucked coming in this type of spot BEFORE his recent struggles right?? Why wouldn't Jenks start this inning if he's coming in??

*shakes head*

Who do you want him to bring in? Clearly its not Cotts, and the rest of the bullpen is basically used other than Riske.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 09:55 PM)

He has to play Mack in CF, and his error in the 1st cost us the run that is the current difference in the score. That and the fact he keeps putting Cotts in during big spots when he's probably our worst bullpen option right now.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 09:57 PM)

Who do you want him to bring in? Clearly its not Cotts, and the rest of the bullpen is basically used other than Riske.

Anybody but Cotts, ESPECIALLY against lefties, who he can't get out right now at all.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 09:57 PM)

Exactly. Some people are reaching for someone to complain about.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 10:57 PM)
Anybody but Cotts, ESPECIALLY against lefties, who he can't get out right now at all.

I'm talking about now, when he put Jenks in. Clearly, you didn't want Cotts in there, so you must have wanted someone else. Who is that magical player?

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 09:56 PM)
Now Ozzie brings in Jenks in a NSS in the middle of an inning. He's aware that Jenks sucked coming in this type of spot BEFORE his recent struggles right?? Why wouldn't Jenks start this inning if he's coming in??

*shakes head*

It's just so childish and absurd to see that every fishing move Ozzie makes is being fishing criticized!

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 02:58 AM)
Exactly. Some people are reaching for someone to b**** about.

The 8th inning was just a clusterf***, but Ozzie doesn't deserve too much blame for the decision. One of these days, a Sox pitcher will shows some guts in a tough situation.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 09:58 PM)
Exactly. Some people are reaching for someone to b**** about.

Reaching?? IF we lose tonight, it would be our 7th or 8th loss on the year due exclusively to a bad play in CF by Mack in a close game. Shouldn't Ozzie get the message here that you can't put him out there? Plus, Brian hits righties better than lefties anyways.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 09:59 PM)
The 8th inning was just a clusterf***, but Ozzie doesn't deserve too much blame for the decision. One of these days, a Sox pitcher will shows some guts in a tough situation.

Would be nice, wouldn't it. At least Bobby has some marbles.