Negativity? Sox Fans #1

Texsox

The real problem is too many people around here take this WAAAAAAAAAY too seriously... at least on the board. It's a game, a pasttime, entertainment, and something we all should enjoy, not obsess about everytime someone on the field does something wrong. Fire XXXXXX because he XXXXXXX TONIGHT... please. It shows ignorance. Do XXXXXX because XXXXXXX TONIGHT, again, ignorance. On the other hand, XXXXXXXX, WOOOOOOOOOT, they won TONIGHT!!!! is also extreme to the other side, although that's many times more tongue in cheek to dismiss the constant barrage of negativity.

The point is you're supposed to enjoy the game, and take it for what it is, not post 85 posts a day about how bad the team sucks and bench and fire every player who doesn't do EXACTLY what you think they should in a given situation. It would tell me that your life hinges on a baseball team - and there's a hell of a lot more to life then that.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 07:25 AM)
The real problem is too many people around here take this WAAAAAAAAAY too seriously... at least on the board. It's a game, a pasttime, entertainment, and something we all should enjoy, not obsess about everytime someone on the field does something wrong. Fire XXXXXX because he XXXXXXX TONIGHT... please. It shows ignorance. Do XXXXXX because XXXXXXX TONIGHT, again, ignorance. On the other hand, XXXXXXXX, WOOOOOOOOOT, they won TONIGHT!!!! is also extreme to the other side, although that's many times more tongue in cheek to dismiss the constant barrage of negativity.

The point is you're supposed to enjoy the game, and take it for what it is, not post 85 posts a day about how bad the team sucks and bench and fire every player who doesn't do EXACTLY what you think they should in a given situation. It would tell me that your life hinges on a baseball team - and there's a hell of a lot more to life then that.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

:cheers :headbang

My motto is:

When they win, enjoy it - when they lose, forget it.

Edited by The Critic

I'm from a different background etc. (well duh :bang), and I'm more of an optimistic type of guy, hence why you'll more often than not see me defending the players etc. instead of criticising them.

I think Kap's hit the nail on the head though. We're all deeply passionate about this team, that's why we're on here discussing topics from the Rally Crede to whether we need a new leadoff hitter in place of a Podsednik next season. But I don't see a great need to go crazily overboard when we lose a game or 2.

Let's just be thankful we're still in the race and as last night's game showed, ANYTHING can still happen. :cheers

I do want to say - I'm not saying discuss ways to improve - but the constant barrage of FIRE XXXXX and BENCH XXXXXXX and pitch XXXXXX only XXXX situations... meh. You people DO NOT KNOW what's going on in the clubhouse. And I'd kindly like to ask that you quit acting like you do. Discuss? Hell yea, that's what we're here for. Obsess and say the same thing 100's of times over and over? Meh. It gets old.

I appreciate everyone's right to an opinion, but you shouldn't let every single damn game get to you like it's the end of the world. Cause it's not. Enjoy life.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 04:58 PM)
Seems to me my views were quite clear. Perhaps it's a reading comprehension problem on your part?

You were called out because you CONSTANTLY bring up the Cubs and their fans. Other people on this site have gotten called out for that too so don't think you're special.

Either way, my original point still stands. Negativity is happening because of sky high expectations, and

Hardly. Your views were definitely Clear. Clearly unoriginal. Your the only one who calls anything out on me (and a certain cohort). Your views are nothing but negative, unimaginative, and without any thought. Id love to hear what you really think about anything, but unfortuneately, you sit by the keyboard ready for my next post. At least I have the guts to post what I feel, your nothing but the message board version of Jay Mariotti.

My original thought stands, the SOX fanbase has always been "negative" because were more realistic, (for comparison, look at the other fanbase 8miles north to define realism) its just that the spotlight has shone on us now more than before.

Edited by Hangar18

say the same thing 100's of times over and over? Meh. It gets old.

Nice post and nice sentiment.

Unfortunately your plea will fall on deaf ears. It always does. The people who say the same thing 100's of times over and over don't even realize they're doing it.

In order to possibly make a difference, they really should email their sentiments to Guillen or Comcast producer Jim Angio or whoever's in charge at WSCR, according to which beaten-to-death issue we're referencing. Mackowiak sucks in CF = Guillen. Hawk is senile = Angio. Chris Rongey is too much of an optimist = WSCR. Greg Walker teaches all his hitters to pull outside pitches = Guillen. Podsednik is useless = Guillen. Hawk blames the umps too much = Angio. etc etc

frustration reigns because Sox Nation believed the additions of Thome and Javy would make this team even stronger.

life ain't that simple.

tigers have been relentlessly magnificent, showing no signs of the stumble we delivered last season.

Sox fans thought that we would overcome that 2 or 3 game hole by the all-star break. Instead, we stumbled against the Red sox and kept stumbling for the next two weeks.

better now, but Detroit is outtasight, so we're in a dogfight with two teams for one wildcard spot.

the b****ing will be here the rest of the season.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:20 AM)
Chris Rongey is too much of an optimist = WSCR.

Rongey unfortuneately works for WSCR, he has to maintain a certain stance regarding the White Sox.

He doesnt go over the top as some suggest, believe me, he gets just as frustrated with the team as we do

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:13 AM)
Hardly. Your views were definitely Clear. Clearly unoriginal. Your the only one who calls anything out on me (and a certain cohort). Your views are nothing but negative, unimaginative, and without any thought. Id love to hear what you really think about anything, but unfortuneately, you sit by the keyboard ready for my next post. At least I have the guts to post what I feel, your nothing but the message board version of Jay Mariotti.

My original thought stands, the SOX fanbase has always been "negative" because were more realistic, (for comparison, look at the other fanbase 8miles north to define realism) its just that the spotlight has shone on us now more than before.

OK, so, I'm going to go way off topic here, but this question has been bothering me for a while... Why in the heck do you always CAPITALIZE SOX when you type it? Is it some sort of acronym you came up with or something? Just curious.

Hangar = :crying again.

You, unfortunately, offer nothing but conspiracy theories about how everyone is out to "get" the White Sox, especially the big bad media. Sadly, another of your continuous rants includes daily denegrating of Cub fans, apparantly in a pathetic effort to make you feel better about yourself. Not to mention how "the other website" has wronged you.

If you're suggesting I don't have any guts, you haven't read my posts. Especially this one.

Now, if you've got anything else to say ... other than your usual harebrained ranting about things you don't have the slightest clue about ... you are more than welcome to PM me. That is, if you can string some original thoughts together with coherency.

I trust that's original enough for you hangar. I also trust that even you, with your obvious comprehension problem, can understand the meaning of this post.

Rongey unfortuneately works for WSCR, he has to maintain a certain stance regarding the White Sox.

Really Hangar? No kidding?

Thanks for enlightening me.

Edited by JimH

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:28 AM)
Hanger = :crying again.

You, unfortunately, offer nothing but conspiracy theories about how everyone is out to "get" the White Sox, especially the big bad media. Sadly, another of your continuous rants includes daily denegrating of Cub fans, apparantly in a pathetic effort to make you feel better about yourself. Not to mention how "the other website" has wronged you.

If you're suggesting I don't have any guts, you haven't read my posts. Especially this one.

Now, if you've got anything else to say ... other than your usual harebrained ranting about things you don't have the slightest clue about ... you are more than welcome to PM me. That is, if you can string some original thoughts together with coherency.

I trust that's original enough for you hangar. I also trust that even you, with your obvious comprehension problem, can understand the meaning of this post.

Really Hangar? No kidding?

Thanks for enlightening me.

Waste of Bandwidth. If you dont like my conspiracy theories, keep it to yourself, or at least for the good people on the world wide web, offer an alternate theory instead of your Mariotti-esque "its hairbrained" answer for everything. Its really unbecoming of you. Really. Keeping your head in the sand, doesnt mean its not happening. Maybe you can comprehend that ...........

Edited by Hangar18

Another of your blatant generalizations.

What would you know about it anyways, I'm told you were a Cub fan until recently. flipflop, flipflop.

Waste of Bandwidth. If you dont like my conspiracy theories, keep it to yourself, or at least for the good people on the world wide web, offer an alternate theory instead of your Mariotti-esque "its hairbrained" answer for everything. Its really unbecoming of you. Really. Keeping your head in the sand, doesnt mean its not happening. Maybe you can comprehend that ...........

I comprehend fully. My post stated exactly what I comprehend. Unfortunately for you, my comprehension is shared by many.

I've posted my alternate theories about 50 times, particularly as it relates to you media nonsense conspiracy theories, your Cub fan rants, your "WSI has wronged me" rants, and more. I guess your head has been in the sand Hangar, you must not have read them. Or, to be more accurate, you don't have the ability to comprehend. Not unusual, it appears to be a pattern for you.

Interesting that you would accuse me of following you around. First thing this morning, there you are at work where you have internet access. What's the first thing you do, fire on me. I wonder if you can comprehend the meaning of the word "hypocrisy".

Further, if you find me unbecoming, I will take that as a compliment.

QUOTE(sti3 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 04:31 PM)
Screw being excited about the wild card race, the sox are playing crappy baseball and the wild card is a joke.

If my Illini are crappy in basketball next year you gonna tell me that we still have a shot at the Big 10 championship cause of the conference tournament?

Awful comparison. Oh, yeah, the '02 Angels, '03 Marlins, and '04 Red Sox told me to tell you hello.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:36 AM)
What would you know about it anyways, I'm told you were a Cub fan until recently. flipflop, flipflop.

I comprehend fully. My post stated exactly what I comprehend. Unfortunately for you, my comprehension is shared by many.

What's the first thing you do, fire on me. I wonder if you can comprehend the meaning of the word "hypocrisy".

hahahaha, so someone told you I was a "cub" fan until recently? heh hehheh, looks like someones taking advantage of your comprehension. Who told you that? Im very curious. You comprehend what you want to comprehend, and then rip on others, a very poor quality internet and otherwise. Anyway, stop following me around, and I dont have to rebut any of your posts. Deal? By the way, why dont you tell Hawk Harrelson about your World-is-Flat theories regarding the Media. He'd love to hear from ya.

hahahaha, so someone told you I was a "cub" fan until recently? heh hehheh, looks like someones taking advantage of your comprehension. Who told you that? Im very curious. You comprehend what you want to comprehend, and then rip on others, a very poor quality internet and otherwise. Anyway, stop following me around, and I dont have to rebut any of your posts. Deal? By the way, why dont you tell Hawk Harrelson about your World-is-Flat theories regarding the Media. He'd love to hear from ya.

Hangar, the thing is, you know the truth. Stop trying to protect your, ahem, integrity.

Looks to me like you have a problem with the truth too. Interesting.

There are a lot of people who'd like to hear from you ... hehehe.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 09:08 AM)
Hangar, the thing is, you know the truth. Stop trying to protect your, ahem, integrity.

so Jim thinks hes got the goods on me, that I was a "cub" fan until recently.

ba hahahaha hahhaahaha. Dont make me laugh. I can assure everyone here, and everyone thats ever known me, Ive been a life-long, die hard Chicago White Sox fan since birth. Jims just doing his best Mariotti/Kiley impersonation by planting this "truth" out there. So yeah, im protecting my "integrity" so to speak.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:46 AM)
*puts on Mod hat*

You two (Hangar and JimH) need to stop. Now. Let the thread continue on its own, not as a forum for your tiff. Take it to PM or email or the bike racks.

Thank you. I came in here and started reading this s*** and I was ready to put the hammer down on both of 'em and let the mods and admins sort it all out. But, it appears they took your warning to heart and desisted. Smart move on both of their parts.

OK Jim and Hangar here is the deal.

We have asked you guys quite a few times to ignore each other, and asked that you even put each other on your ignore lists and that has not happened. So from this point forward we are going to tell you guys to completely leave each other alone. Don't respond to each other, don't PM each other, don't email each other, don't mention each other, don't even hint about each other. The back and forth stuff has gone on plenty long enough, and the people it really hurts are the people who have to read that stuff. Asking nicely hasn't worked, so it has come to this.