nugget from 2005 world series

blazewc77

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 04:31 PM)
Good thread. The Kong GS was my favorite moment of the playoffs. I went insane.

The GS was my favorite, but I think Pods' walkoff would've taken the cake if I had a stable state of mind at the time. The extreme change from joy to anger (GS to blown save) really took me out of it. I watched and couldn't believe it, but I just had no idea how to respond anymore. To this day, the only reason I know how I reacted is because my roommates had to explain it to me.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 05:38 PM)
The GS was my favorite, but I think Pods' walkoff would've taken the cake if I had a stable state of mind at the time. The extreme change from joy to anger (GS to blown save) really took me out of it. I watched and couldn't believe it, but I just had no idea how to respond anymore. To this day, the only reason I know how I reacted is because my roommates had to explain it to me.

For some reason I wasn't even worried. I was in such shock and awe still from the PK GS, and I knew there was no way we'd lose that game. Pods' HR was very sweet, but I expected something ridiculous to happen at that point. So the surprise factor wasn't there as much.

One other thing I remember was my now brother in law was taking a dump and he missed the grandslam.........when you got to go....you go to go................ha ha ha. In my fathers room I screamed and the other patients in the others where banging the walls for us to be quiet it was unreal. The nurse came in and told me just to be a little quieter and that she was a sox fan for life and would come in every ten minutes "just to check on on my dad" LOL

QUOTE(jenksd @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 01:49 AM)
I didn't show up to one of my classes to watch the world series parade and subsequently failed the class, lost my scholarship and dropped out.

So missing one class caused all that? :huh:

The Grand Slam was awesome.. I was at home watching the game with my mom and she said "Hes going deep right here" and the next pitch it happened and we went nuts. It was badass.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 03:46 PM)
He's been on my ass for a while. Who cares?

And I'm sure a whole lot of people were sure not to be too overconfident. I bet even more did a lot of stupid things in order not to jinx the team.

I wore the same ripped pajama pants for every single game. Didn't wash them either.

And I must say, the PK Grand Slam was the best moment of 2005 for me. I jumped off the couch as if there was a big spring under my ass like an ejection seat, fists in the air, jumping and screaming...good times.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 03:46 PM)
He's been on my ass for a while. Who cares?

And I'm sure a whole lot of people were sure not to be too overconfident. I bet even more did a lot of stupid things in order not to jinx the team.

Did not shave during the ALDS. Shaved between the ALDS and the ALCS. The Sox then lost game 1. I then did not shave until October 28th.

I was pretty scruffy looking with hair on my chin, a little Morrison-stache going on, and some weakass sideburns. I was pretty glad that the World Series ended in 4 games.

I was in RF, Sec 102, Row 20 with my younger sister. We have shared partial season tix in the bleachers for 5 yrs so the entire time, we couldn't believe we were at a World Series Game. When Paulie hit that slam, I just hugged my sister and we both just jumped up and down like little kids along with 40000 "little" Sox fans for the longest time. Then when Pods hit his HR, we just looked at each other saying "OH MY GOD!" and watched the Sox celebrate at home plate. I'll never forget that moment as long as I live. For X-mas, I bought my sister the picture frame with Pods' swing with a place for her ticket. All it needs now is Pods' autograph ;)

QUOTE(T R U @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 01:01 AM)
So missing one class caused all that? :huh:

The Grand Slam was awesome.. I was at home watching the game with my mom and she said "Hes going deep right here" and the next pitch it happened and we went nuts. It was badass.

'twas the clincher.

QUOTE(jenksd @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 11:31 AM)
'twas the clincher.

ahh.. see I got kicked out of one of my classes for talking s***. The Professor told me to just leave after I walked in and said "how bout them Astros?" after the Podsednik walk off