Anyone peruse todays Garbage Trib articles?

Hangar18

Ive seen fluff believe me, but these 2 articles were Ridiculous. A picture on the front page of the Trib, in which the caption says "sundays wave at wrigley" inspired the article? As if it were never done at Comiskey? (and Id love to see less of)

The 20 reasons to keep going to Wrigley this season, could easily have been replaced with VASOXFans Reasons to Despair/Reasons to Hope post.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 09:57 PM)
Ive seen fluff believe me, but these 2 articles were Ridiculous. A picture on the front page of the Trib, in which the caption says "sundays wave at wrigley" inspired the article? As if it were never done at Comiskey? (and Id love to see less of)

The 20 reasons to keep going to Wrigley this season, could easily have been replaced with VASOXFans Reasons to Despair/Reasons to Hope post.

I'm not sure, but I thought they were saying how the wave never happens at Wrigley. When I briefly looked at the article, I didn't think it was an actual "praise" piece regarding the wave.

The article was a slam at the people doing the wave. A slam at the people attending that particular Cubs game. And then a counterpoint 20 reasons. A negative, and a positive.

Yawn ... big deal. Something else for the conspiracy theorists to get the undies in a bundle. Again.

I may be wrong here, but didn't the wave originate during the 1984 NLCS games at San Diego, the 3 game string in which the Cubs blew a 2-0 lead and lost a chance to win the pennant?? I wasn't born yet so I figured i'd ask, but I think that's why Cubs fans especially dislike the wave.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 08:02 PM)
I may be wrong here, but didn't the wave originate during the 1984 NLCS games at San Diego, the 3 game string in which the Cubs blew a 2-0 lead and lost a chance to win the pennant?? I wasn't born yet so I figured i'd ask, but I think that's why Cubs fans especially dislike the wave.

No. It was started and coordinated by some guy in Oakland.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 03:55 AM)
No. It was started and coordinated by some guy in Oakland.

during a football game. What made the article ridiculous, was the fact that Cub fans doing the Wave on Sunday prompted the article. Like its never been done in Chicago before, or elsewhere for that matter.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:58 AM)
during a football game. What made the article ridiculous, was the fact that Cub fans doing the Wave on Sunday prompted the article. Like its never been done in Chicago before, or elsewhere for that matter.

I was thinking it was an A's game.

QUOTE(ive stopped believin @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 11:42 AM)
I thought that Rob Weller, that douche bag TV dude was the one who invented the wave when he was a cheerleader at U of Washington

I thought it was invented at early 80's soccer games in Mexico, and snuck across the border in time for the 1984 NLCS in San Diego. Seems to be a controversy as to who actually invented this traveshamockery.