AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

DBAHO

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 11:17 PM)
Great win!

Now can we end the Mackowiak in CF experiment??? Please, Ozzie?????

I love Mackowiak--he hustles, hits fairly well, and can play many positions. But he should never start in CF unless Anderson is hurt.

It's not happening, lets just hope this issue is addressed in the offseason. If there's one gripe I have with KW it's this, I felt comming into the year we had an incomplete roster and I feel the same way now. There's just nobody on this team who can go out there and play even average defense in CF other than Anderson.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PK and Dye tied and won the game, but Garcia and Jenks are my two players of the game. Garcia did a great job against the closest thing to an actual all-star line-up you're gonna find. Bobby gave us 2 2/3 innings of dominant relief on a night where the rest of the 'pen looked pretty shaky. Please god let this be the start of a serious hot-streak.

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 09:17 PM)
Great win!

Now can we end the Mackowiak in CF experiment??? Please, Ozzie?????

I love Mackowiak--he hustles, hits fairly well, and can play many positions. But he should never start in CF unless Anderson is hurt.

Had Brian Anderson started this game in CF, I fully believe Freddy Garcia gets the win.

Had Brian Anderson not come in during the 8th inning, then it doesn't matter if Neal Cotts hits Giambi, because that run scores on the single by ARod. BA playing shallow and having a good arm (and throwing it well) keeps the run from scoring. And who knows how things go after that.

Oh, and we can now officially add Rivera as a notch on that "Closers we've beaten" board this year. What is it now, Papelbon, Rivera, Chris Ray, isn't BJ Ryan on there somewhere, Guardado, Houston Street's on there somewhere, all of the guys in Detroit, I think we got Wickman at some point, Dumpster...

We get down late in the season or in the playoffs, and I think we all gotta remember one thing...AL Closers just can't shut us down. Edit: Unless they're named Joe Nathan.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 11:35 PM)
Oh, and we can now officially add Rivera as a notch on that "Closers we've beaten" board this year. What is it now, Papelbon, Rivera, Chris Ray, isn't BJ Ryan on there somewhere, Guardado, Houston Street's on there somewhere, all of the guys in Detroit, I think we got Wickman at some point, Dumpster...

I believe he was already on the list because we have gotten to Rivera before this season. FWIW, ask Gregory Pratt.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 11:38 PM)
I believe he was already on the list because we have gotten to Rivera before this season. FWIW, ask Gregory Pratt.

The Sox scored 2 runs off him in a previous game this season but he did not blow a save, so technically this is the first time the Sox have "gotten to him".

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 11:49 PM)
Anyone else suprised at how deep Damon was playing? He didn't have a chance, especially with Tad running. Have to question Torre on that one.

Johnny Damon would have to be playing 2 steps behind the the bag at second to have any chance with that noodle arm.

Damon is atop the list of most pathetic OF arms in all of baseball, he's right there with Rondell White and Juan Pierre.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 09:49 PM)
Anyone else suprised at how deep Damon was playing? He didn't have a chance, especially with Tad running. Have to question Torre on that one.

If I were a Yankee fan, I'd have wondered about almost as many moves by Torre tonight as I did about moves by the White Sox. Taking Myers out after not retiring a batter for example, when you've got the 3 weak guys against lefties coming up in the 8th, seemed to me like a mistake, but it worked out for them. Playing the outfield back late in the game like that with a RISP. There was something else but it's slipping my mind now.

That was a huge win. Garcia came back from being terrible and shut them down. The Sox were able to overcome Mack in CF and some questionable baserunning to win the game. Big homer off Riviera by Paulie.Hopefully this will propel the Sox into a hot streak.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 11:49 PM)

With a guy on second and one out, you have to play the batter honest. You don't assume he's going to get a base hit. If Damon is playing in and Dye hits a deep drive that isn't caught, Torre will be questioned about that. He did the right thing, but got beat anyway. Good job by JD.

just got back from the game

easily the best game I've attended since game two of the alcs.

close to playoff atmosphere in the park, good clutch hitting, garcia was above average and it was incredible when konerko came through

I was ready to blame a loss on mackowiak though, man he sucked tonight, and I've also decided it's a fact of life that neil cotts always allows an inherited runner to score

So...looking ahead...we have Garland on the mound tomorrow, and Anderson should be in CF for the rest of this series, which cuts out 1+ run per game that the Yankees would be handed. We're facing Johnson, a lefty, and we have struggled against lefties this season, but at this point who knows what Johnson will bring to the table.

Garland needs to man up, hopefully he's over whatever was bothering him in Toronto, but I think he can do it.

Thursday we've got Vazquez vs. Mussina. And that game will be decided by a simple question; was last Saturday's start by Vaz a fluke or not. If it wasn't, we win. If it was, the Yankees will be all over us.

Anyone have an update on Uribe? Ah, here we go.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 01:01 AM)
If I were a Yankee fan, I'd have wondered about almost as many moves by Torre tonight as I did about moves by the White Sox. Taking Myers out after not retiring a batter for example, when you've got the 3 weak guys against lefties coming up in the 8th, seemed to me like a mistake, but it worked out for them. Playing the outfield back late in the game like that with a RISP. There was something else but it's slipping my mind now.

That's what I was thinking at the time, especially with Pods/Gooch/Thome coming up the next inning, all of whom have forgotten their bats against lefties this year.