Jake

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:22 PM)
If he keeps this type of development up, him and Mauer are going to be an amazing 3-4 hitters for the next 10 years. Also, if you want to know why the Twins are rolling, look no farther than their 1-2 hitters right now. Those guys have been getting on base at tremendous rates lately.

1-2 guys won't be able to keep getting on base at that rate...but Mauer and Morneau will continue to rake.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:22 PM)
Randy's thrown 58

That's not good.

HR for Melky Cabrera. You know, it's kind of funny. The Yankees are supposed to have no depth because of their gigantic payroll, but they lost two OF's and hardly lost a step. If even one of our OF's went down, we'd be absolutely screwed.

Also, the Yankees really have an idea of what they're doing with the bats. You'd think the Yankees would be the HR-or-nothing team, but that's us.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:02 PM)
We're...uh...we're not good at building on momentum.

How many times this year have we said, "that win is going to spark the team," or something like that?

I keep going back to that thought....

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 01:24 AM)
Also, the Yankees really have an idea of what they're doing with the bats. You'd think the Yankees would be the HR-or-nothing team, but that's us.

I'm so impressed with the Yankees. They definitely go about offense the right way. IF, and I know it's a big if, they get Matsui and Sheffield back healthy, I think they're going to win the WS.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 09:26 PM)
I'm so impressed with the Yankees. They definitely go about offense the right way. IF, and I know it's a big if, they get Matsui and Sheffield back healthy, I think they're going to win the WS.

I'm willing to bet that they don't.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:28 PM)
We must walk or give up more hits to guys with 0-2 or 1-2 counts than any team in baseball.

It feels like it but I'm sure the cellar dwellers have us beat in that department.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:26 PM)

I am still not that overly impressed with their pitching though. Bullpen is relatively weak minus Rivera and their rotation is not that strong either. Not that the Sox pitching has been great but I would still take our staff over the Yanks.