Game Thread 8/9/06

Jake

QUOTE(champ @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:49 PM)
Damon scored the first run...

And what the hell does that have to do with anything? That the Yankees caught the breaks and scored 3 runs last inning? Any team can do that. That's what the Tigers have lived on this year.

um... :chair the tigers are actually good and can pitch the hell outta the ball. you're season tickets at wrigley are still availible

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And what the hell does that have to do with anything? That the Yankees caught the breaks and scored 3 runs last inning? Any team can do that. That's what the Tigers have lived on this year.

For crying out loud. Stop with the excuses. We are being completely outplayed tonight.

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 09:50 PM)
um... :chair the tigers are actually good and can pitch the hell outta the ball. you're season tickets at wrigley are still availible

The Tigers have lost their last two. THEIR SEASON IS OVER!!!!!!!!!1

Hate to break it to ya, but Tigers>everyone this year. They're not just catching some magical breaks. And the fact that you still think they are lucky in mid-August is sad.

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:49 PM)
all you can offer is "Faith" i guess i need proof

Look at the standings, check our winning percentage. There is your proof. If our team really is gutless and has just "half-assed" it the whole season we'd be playing below .500 ball.

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
please point out some fact any fact ANYTHING that points to this team going anywhere this year. gimmie something besides "they haven't hit their stride" or "detroit is gonna come back to earth" or "they won it last year" or "dont' question ozzie, he won it all last year"

you want the whitesox to win? well bet against them...works everytime! how the heck do you make it green?

Edited by whitesoxmanager

QUOTE(Allsox @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:50 PM)
Hey Hawk, how'd the umpire screw Jon there as Cano crushed another hanging changeup to center?!?

And if Ozzie says after the game that Jon threw good tonight, I'm gonna puke :stick

John got pinched on a few pitches and that has caused him to throw some meatballs over the plate. s*** happens and to compensate he threw over the plate and hung some to get strikes.

I personally think that most teams sit back and wait for our entire staff to throw a hanging change up. We have been getting killed with the hanging s***.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 01:51 AM)
Hate to break it to ya, but Tigers>everyone this year. They're not just catching some magical breaks. And the fact that you still think they are lucky in mid-August is sad.

The Tigers are using a pathetic strategy this year: very good solid pitching, very good relief, good defense, smart base running, good fundamentals, and clutch hitting. Their luck is soon to run out if they keep playing that way.

I don;t blame Jon G too much for this game. If you lookt at our pathetic offense, taht's where you should spend some time blaming or pointing the finger. RJ didn't K one batter in 52 at-bats and he comes agst us in the 1sy batter, he Ks f***ing Ozuna (great left-fielder defensevely and offensevely). Just try to hit HRs all the time! Have the same approach as yesterday, be more patient! I know that the umps are not halping us...but cmon!

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:53 PM)
Anyway, I'm going to put my laptop away and just watch the game. This thread has become a joke, like most losing game threads.

Yes, let's all just put our heads in the sand and admit we've got terrific starting pitching and we're playing very good baseball in our 10-16 stretch.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 01:55 AM)
People need to calm down. It's just 1 game.

I'm going to scream if someone says that this was the most frustrating game of the season. I think I've seen that same post in every loss over the last month.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 01:55 AM)
Yes, let's all just put our heads in the sand and admit we've got terrific starting pitching and we're playing very good baseball in our 10-16 stretch.

Felix is a very positive, optimistic poster. There's no reason to try to start stuff with him after he said his peace.

I'm getting so angry with people on here saying we're done. If we're done then why bother even posting or keeping up with the team? This is my 3rd season here on Soxtalk and it seems like this by far has the most whiners about how the Sox are playing. Sure they're suppose to be playing better, I'm not saying they are. But it's just hard for me to read all of the negative things about this team. After tonight we'll probably be a half game out to the Twins in the Wild Card. There's still plenty of baseball left. And even if they don't make the playoffs, they just won the World Series for everyone last year. Sure I'd love another playoff appearance or even another World Series title but come on, they snapped an 88 year drought.

Edited by WilliamTell