Game Thread 8/9/06

Jake

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 01:57 AM)
Big deal. It's a baseball game. You going to slit your wrists? Get some perspective.

You know what a great remedy is...go watch the 2005 WS DVD. I GUARANTEE you'll feel better after watching PK's grand slam.

QUOTE(39th & Wentworth @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 01:52 AM)
John got pinched on a few pitches and that has caused him to throw some meatballs over the plate. s*** happens and to compensate he threw over the plate and hung some to get strikes.

I personally think that most teams sit back and wait for our entire staff to throw a hanging change up. We have been getting killed with the hanging s***.

I hear ya but every pitcher gets squeezed here and there and good pitchers get over it.

And there's our leadoff man swinging at the very first pitch, forcing Johnson to pitch as few pitches as possible. And some people wanted Pablo to start every game when Pods hit a skid :huh:

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, let's all just put our heads in the sand and admit we've got terrific starting pitching and we're playing very good baseball in our 10-16 stretch.

every week i keep telling the little wife...i cant remember the last time it took so long for a no-no in the bigs...

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 09:57 PM)
You know what a great remedy is...go watch the 2005 WS DVD. I GUARANTEE you'll feel better after watching PK's grand slam.

yeah, feel better for about 10 minutes before realizing what could have been this season...

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 01:58 AM)
every week i keep telling the little wife...i cant remember the last time it took so long for a no-no in the bigs...

Yep, it's been a long time. I get nervous every time Zambrano is on the mound.

Not sure what's more annoying, Hawk whining about umps or people in this thread whining about our team.

*reaches the boiling point and throws laptop across room....then takes laptop and pours gasoline all over it, lighting it on fire....urinates on the ashes*

I hope people will stop saying that Garland is our only good starting pitcher. I might be willing to consider that once his ERA gets under 4.50. It is over 5 now. He's not very good. He's certainly not reliable. I'd be happy to bet anyone that he will never see 4.50 this year. And please don't waste my time with by arguing his wins-and-losses. If you give any AAA pitcher the kind of run support Garland has gotten, he can win you this many games. Garland's ERA, WHIP, etc. tell you how bad he's been this season.

Do we have a good, reliable starting pitcher this year?

QUOTE(zenryan @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 01:59 AM)
yeah, feel better for about 10 minutes before realizing what could have been this season...

What could have been? Why not appreciate how everything fell into place last year? This year, we're not creating/getting breaks, and we're having a lot of pitchers underachieve. I'm the last person to say that we should still live in 2005....but some people need a little perspective these days.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:59 PM)
Not sure what's more annoying, Hawk whining about umps or people in this thread whining about our team.

*reaches the boiling point and throws laptop across room....then takes laptop and pours gasoline all over it, lighting it on fire....urinates on the ashes*

You can use my poorly fashioned cane to take out some frustration, if you'd like.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:59 PM)

but they're still in it right? they won it last year. ozzie never makes a bad move

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 09:01 PM)
You can use my poorly fashioned cane to take out some frustration, if you'd like.

The pfc would have been perfect for my tirade.

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 09:01 PM)
but they're still in it right? they won it last year. ozzie never makes a bad move

Go do us a favor and jump off a cliff.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 02:00 AM)
I hope people will stop saying that Garland is our only good starting pitcher. I might be willing to consider that once his ERA gets under 4.50. It is over 5 now. He's not very good. He's certainly not reliable. I'd be happy to bet anyone that he will never see 4.50 this year. And please don't waste my time with by arguing his wins-and-losses. If you give any AAA pitcher the kind of run support Garland has gotten, he can win you this many games. Garland's ERA, WHIP, etc. tell you how bad he's been this season.

He was reliable for the last two months. For our starters this year, that's pretty damn good. Garland is facing a tremendous lineup tonight, and they capitalized on every bad pitch he made. I'm not going to give up on Garland yet. He showed me a lot of guts this year bouncing back from the terrible start.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 09:00 PM)

I remember being flamed for not getting excited about Garland after saying his good stretch of games might be nothing but a hot streak. That worked out pretty well.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 09:01 PM)
What could have been? Why not appreciate how everything fell into place last year? This year, we're not creating/getting breaks, and we're having a lot of pitchers underachieve. I'm the last person to say that we should still live in 2005....but some people need a little perspective these days.

So that's supposed to cheer us up? You're essentially telling us we should be happy because we got lucky last year. That's loser talk. I would like to see KW's reaction after telling him to watch the 2005 DVD in the middle of this season.

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 09:05 PM)
it's sad when someone has an opposite opinion of you that you resort to such childish means. does this mean im still a good poster?

You just sound like a broken record tonight. I'm as negative as they get but come on.