Game Thread 8/9/06

Jake

QUOTE(zenryan @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 10:09 PM)
him pitching well doesnt excuse us being down 7-0

True, but it's not like we were playing against a AAAA pitcher. This is Randy Johnson, the guy may be old, but he still knows how to toss a gem every once in awhile...

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 10:10 PM)
This is usually something I don't say, but even if we can't tie this and win it next inning, I think this can help the momentum of the team. If you disagree...then shame on me for being optimistic.

I'm going to disagree big time with you on this one fathom. Seriously, I don't see any momentum carrying over if we lose this one.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One thing we should keep in mind, including me, is that Rivera would have been in to face Crede if Crede represented the tying run.

i just want to know one thing...is it:

Mar iano?

or

Mary iano?

cant we just consistentely pronounce the worlds best-ever closers name? even the YES network has 2 announcers with 2 different pronounciations...

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 03:11 AM)
I'm going to disagree big time with you on this one fathom. Seriously, I don't see any momentum carrying over if we lose this one.

Compared to what the atmosphere would have been if we lost this game like 7-2, I think the 8th inning was huge for this team's psyche.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 11:10 PM)
True, but it's not like we were playing against a AAAA pitcher. This is Randy Johnson, the guy may be old, but he still knows how to toss a gem every once in awhile...

RJ isnt the issue here. its our pitching and managing is for being down what we were

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 11:12 PM)
Compared to what the atmosphere would have been if we lost this game like 7-2, I think the 8th inning was huge for this team's psyche.

it didnt carry over from the big win last night. why would it carry over from a comeback loss?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is usually something I don't say, but even if we can't tie this and win it next inning, I think this can help the momentum of the team. If you disagree...then shame on me for being optimistic.

wouldnt it be considered pessimistic to call someone "optimistic" who blatantly desires to be pessimistic?