Nood-Nicks At Yesterday's Game

tonyho7476

Of course there were plenty of annoying yankee fans at the game. But I saw a guy wearing full Twins gear...hat and jersey. Why do these morons grace our park? What is the point of this thread? I don't know. I was just annoyed by that. Not to mention the moron I saw in full Cubs gear. But that is always going to happen.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:44 AM)
Of course there were plenty of annoying yankee fans at the game. But I saw a guy wearing full Twins gear...hat and jersey. Why do these morons grace our park? What is the point of this thread? I don't know. I was just annoyed by that. Not to mention the moron I saw in full Cubs gear. But that is always going to happen.

I occassionally go to the Urinal with my Cubs fan friends. I always make sure I'm sporting something with White Sox on it, even if the Sox aren't playing, just so the people in the stands know I'm smarter than them.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 09:44 AM)

This happens at every park for every team in every city. I don't see what's so wrong about it. Some people just love to watch baseball at the park, even if their favorite team isn't playing. Should that stop them from wearing their favorite teams gear? I don't think so.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 09:01 AM)
I occassionally go to the Urinal with my Cubs fan friends. I always make sure I'm sporting something with White Sox on it, even if the Sox aren't playing, just so the people in the stands know I'm smarter than them.

same here. I was offered Cardinals Cub tickets, and I originally said YES id go, only if something else didnt come up, that series just isnt as "epic" as AT&T makes it out to be. That and the idea of watching 9 innings of bad, NL baseball wasnt too appealing, as well as sitting among a bunch of sheep out to have a good time and drink overpriced beer. I think I ended up doing some laundry and cleaning the apartment up if Im not mistaken.

Last nite was pretty funny. A group of "yankee" fans sat behind me, and among them was one lone cub fan. He poked fun at the "attendance" (hahahaahah, I said Attendance!) and made all the Usual Stereotypical comments about the SOX and their fans that you've hear in the Media. Theyre comments were all things Ive heard before, and I reminded them that everything they blurted out, was all nonsense that these jokers have read before. Well, after chatting with these guys, it became apparent they really werent too bright and I asked them were they REALLY Yankee fans? Nope. Cub fans wrapping themselves in the Yankee cloak. All of them. (didnt know how many Championships the Yankees had/Incorrectly stated the Cubs had 5 Championships/Wrigley 1st team to introduce Ivy!!!!!!!!!!/Sox still wont get 2 million this season etc)

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 09:12 AM)
Should that stop them from wearing their favorite teams gear? I don't think so.

Ive had Numerous Stupid Cub Fan Moments this season (I dont talk about them, Jim will get mad)

but what ive found this season is pretty unique. Numerous "cub" fans are jumping off the Cub wagon

and "going back" to being Tiger fans. In talking to some of these people, I told them there was nothing wrong with being a Tiger fan, and they shouldnt have abandoned them just because they moved here

and took up with an even worse team. Their excuses were all pretty much the same (Wrigley is closer/Heard the games were more fun/Heard the park was cool/the cubs are a better team etc etc)

I told every single one of them, to stick with their team, the Tiggers havnt been that bad, and theyve got a great new park, and the play in the AL is so much better including this very division.

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 02:18 PM)
There is no need to wear sox gear at a regular cubs game.

None at all, unless you really really need attention.

there is no reason to go to another team's park and start problems... but if your a cubs fan and your friends invite you to a sox game I dont see a problem if your wearing a cubs hat/jersey as long as you dont start s***.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 09:23 AM)
there is no reason to go to another team's park and start problems... but if your a cubs fan and your friends invite you to a sox game I dont see a problem if your wearing a cubs hat/jersey as long as you dont start s***.

I don't get a Twins turd at a Sox/Yankees game...that is all. I'm going to a Brewers game in two weeks, and might have a Sox hat on...but the Sox are not a rival of the team. I guess what I am saying...I would probably not draw attention to myself, so I was surprised at the moronic Twin fan.

And I don't go to the Urinal, ever...so you will never find me there, wearing a Sox hat.

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 09:18 AM)
There is no need to wear sox gear at a regular cubs game.

None at all, unless you really really need attention.

Believe me, I don't need attention and I don't ever try and start trouble at any game I'm at. I just would be sickened if I was ever confused for a Cubs fan.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 09:47 AM)
I see no problem with attending a game, any MLB game, and wearing Sox gear. So, I won't critcize a fan of another team for flying their colors at the Cell. Damn people, it's only a ballgame.

Yeah, people on this site think its only a game.

QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 10:25 AM)
I've got no problem with a hat or something, but an entire uniform? That's just creepy.

Well, yeah. Unless I was on the roster, I wouldn't wear an entire unform. That's fine for 6 year old kids, but an adult?

I see no problem with attending a game, any MLB game, and wearing Sox gear. So, I won't critcize a fan of another team for flying their colors at the Cell. Damn people, it's only a ballgame.

Well, in principle your statement makes perfect sense.

As much as you could be an innocent party though, the unfortunate reality is people who do that become a target. Whether it makes sense or not or whether we like it or not, it draws attention to one's self in a potentially negative way. Personally I would never wear my Sox stuff to another ballpark, why be a target for some goofball who decides they don't like my team or feel the need to "educate" me on why their team is better. No thanks. What surprises me is people who are surprised when something happens. Again, they can be totally in the right, but they're a target. Some people are more serious about that kinda thing than others, it's the nature of being out in public.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 12:42 PM)
Personally I would never wear my Sox stuff to another ballpark, why be a target for some goofball who decides they don't like my team or feel the need to "educate" me on why their team is better.

To me, thats like saying that you wouldn't wear a Sox hat around where I live, which is a Yankees/Mets/Red Sox area. Just because I live in Jersey doesn't mean I won't wear my Sox stuff around, even if there are goofballs who don't like them.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 11:42 AM)
Well, in principle your statement makes perfect sense.

As much as you could be an innocent party though, the unfortunate reality is people who do that become a target. Whether it makes sense or not or whether we like it or not, it draws attention to one's self in a potentially negative way. Personally I would never wear my Sox stuff to another ballpark, why be a target for some goofball who decides they don't like my team or feel the need to "educate" me on why their team is better. No thanks. What surprises me is people who are surprised when something happens. Again, they can be totally in the right, but they're a target. Some people are more serious about that kinda thing than others, it's the nature of being out in public.

i think this is what I see it as...you are asking for trouble...not that it is right.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 01:27 PM)
I don't see any problem with wearing like a hat or a shirt of your favorite team while at another team's game. As long as you're not jackass enough to cheer against a team.

I agree...but you may be asking for trouble. A guy at a Sox/Yankees game, wearing full Twins gear, is asking for trouble. Not that he deserves it.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 03:13 PM)
I agree...but you may be asking for trouble. A guy at a Sox/Yankees game, wearing full Twins gear, is asking for trouble. Not that he deserves it.

I disagree. If it bugs you THAT much seeing someone wearing another teams hat/jersey at a Sox game, even if it is a division rival, then you might want to take a step back and think about it.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 02:21 PM)
I disagree. If it bugs you THAT much seeing someone wearing another teams hat/jersey at a Sox game, even if it is a division rival, then you might want to take a step back and think about it.

If it bugged me THAT much...I would have punched the guy or berated him. I did neither.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 04:07 PM)
If it bugged me THAT much...I would have punched the guy or berated him. I did neither.

Nope, instead you came home and made a thread about it on a message board. Either way, it seems to have bothered you more than it ought to. I mean, its not like he was there with a "f*** the White Sox" shirt or anything..

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 03:15 PM)
Nope, instead you came home and made a thread about it on a message board. Either way, it seems to have bothered you more than it ought to. I mean, its not like he was there with a "f*** the White Sox" shirt or anything..

Actually, I'm at work and trying to entertain myself on a slow day.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 01:27 PM)
I don't see any problem with wearing like a hat or a shirt of your favorite team while at another team's game. As long as you're not jackass enough to cheer against a team.

Sorry, but I've gone to a Sox-Rangers game in Arlington wearing Sox gear and cheering for the Sox. As long as you aren't a jerk about it, there should be no problem. Basically, I paid for my ticket and have every right to root for whoever I want to. In mean time, I had some great baseball conversations with some knowledgeable Ranger fans. No problems whatsoever.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 03:22 AM)
Sorry, but I've gone to a Sox-Rangers game in Arlington wearing Sox gear and cheering for the Sox. As long as you aren't a jerk about it, there should be no problem. Basically, I paid for my ticket and have every right to root for whoever I want to. In mean time, I had some great baseball conversations with some knowledgeable Ranger fans. No problems whatsoever.

You'll have that at a park that is less of "rival", vs wearing Sox gear at a place like the Jake, Comerica, or Wrigley.