Nood-Nicks At Yesterday's Game

tonyho7476

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 09:56 AM)
You'll have that at a park that is less of "rival", vs wearing Sox gear at a place like the Jake, Comerica, or Wrigley.

Well, I can't understand anyone that would hassle a fan of the visiting team as long as he is acting in a respectful manner. There are opportunities there for some good natured banter, which can be a lot of fun. But to hassle someone because he is seeing his team at your ballpark is just classless.

I agree Yas. Brian and I go to a ton of hockeys (at all levels) each year and generally end up cheering for the visiting team (all out favorite teams are kinda far away). We've only dealt with rude fans a few times (generally they had too much liquid courage).

I am also used to seeing jerseys for teams that are not playing and it is actually fun to see how many different jerseys we can spot.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 09:56 AM)
You'll have that at a park that is less of "rival", vs wearing Sox gear at a place like the Jake, Comerica, or Wrigley.

Did I miss something or was the intital complaint about the idiots that wear the garb of a team NOT playing...???

:huh

i.e.. I did not wear any Sox stuff when I went to Shea last weekend because the Sox were not playing.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 11:12 AM)
Well, I can't understand anyone that would hassle a fan of the visiting team as long as he is acting in a respectful manner. There are opportunities there for some good natured banter, which can be a lot of fun. But to hassle someone because he is seeing his team at your ballpark is just classless.

And most people never would, but as Sox fans know its the 0.0001% of people who can ruin it for everybody.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 12:15 PM)
Did I miss something or was the intital complaint about the idiots that wear the garb of a team NOT playing...???

:huh

i.e.. I did not wear any Sox stuff when I went to Shea last weekend because the Sox were not playing.

Yeah, as usual we are off of the orginal point.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 12:17 PM)
And most people never would, but as Sox fans know its the 0.0001% of people who can ruin it for everybody.

I wouldn't wear stuff of a team not playing, and I would make a comment about someone who was using the criteria that Tony presented. IMO, those are the classless ones.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 12:17 PM)
Yeah, as usual we are off of the orginal point.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. ;)

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 02:17 PM)
I think it's dumb to wear a Sox stuff to any baseball game where the White Sox are not participating in the game. I don't understand the point and its dumb and draws unneeded attention to yourself.

It's a baseball game, what's wrong with wearing something baseball related? It's not like you are insulting any of the teams playing by wearing a Sox hat.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 01:23 PM)
It's a baseball game, what's wrong with wearing something baseball related? It's not like you are insulting any of the teams playing by wearing a Sox hat.

What's wrong with personal pref and a differing opinion.....

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 01:23 PM)

Just my personal preference...I have a closet full of clothes that don't have sox logos on them. I see no problem wearing that stuff the 2 or 3 times a year I go to a Cubs game or some other MLB park.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 01:26 PM)

Thanks for making me look like a parrot "Polly like personal preference, Polly want a differing opinion"

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 02:26 PM)

Nothing at all, but I don't see how its dumb or how it draws attention to yourself. As long as you aren't starting White Sox chants or something at a Yankees/Red Sox game, I don't see what the big deal is.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 01:28 PM)
Nothing at all, but I don't see how its dumb or how it draws attention to yourself. As long as you aren't starting White Sox chants or something at a Yankees/Red Sox game, I don't see what the big deal is.

I don't see what the big deal is questioning the other side of the coin. Par for the course.

I think its also a matter of respect. I dont see a problem wearing white sox gear at say a rockies game. However, people that wear gear of their team of preference at a rival park is asking for trouble. Whether its wrong or right, trouble is gonna follow. For example, red Sox fan would not wear red sox gear to a yankees game when red sox are not playing. If one did they are asking for trouble. I also think its is disrespectful because you know what kind of reaction you are gonna get. Its almost as if you are mocking