I needs me a new album...

Steve9347

I really need a new album. Audioslave has another album coming out in a month, but I'm wary of it. I adored the first album... and have always been a fan of Chris Cornell's work despite his antics. However, Audioslave's second album was not nearly as well done as the first, and the first single off of their newest album, "Original Fire" was a tad too funky. It starts out ok, but when they get to the messed up solo (a keen ripoff to the wacky solo that really works in "Like a Stone," off of the first album) it just kind of fell off. I hope the full album flows well. If anyone has some alternative/rock albums that they have purchased in the last few months that blew them away, please PM me, or respond in this thread.

haven't bought new much, but if you want some older stuff, I recently went through my CDs and uncovered some great stuff I haven't listened to in awhile

-the first Foo Fighters album (self-titled I believe). It's all Dave Grohl and it kicks major ass

-something older that I threw in last week and was reminded how great it is is Bowie's Ziggy Stardust

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 10:44 AM)
haven't bought new much, but if you want some older stuff, I recently went through my CDs and uncovered some great stuff I haven't listened to in awhile

-the first Foo Fighters album (self-titled I believe). It's all Dave Grohl and it kicks major ass

-something older that I threw in last week and was reminded how great it is is Bowie's Ziggy Stardust

yeah, i own both of those albums already... the foo fighters is the one with the pistol on it, correct? i love dave grohl.

very good recommendations. keep them coming people!

If you can find it (and I know for sure you can find it online), I highly recommend The Methadones' Not Economically Viable.

Excellent hard-edged pop (I hate the term pop-punk, the two words don't go together) from Chicago.

Oh, and anything and everything by The Wildhearts (except Endless Nameless).