Attributes of a good poster

Texsox

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 03:44 PM)
Trust me, I've talked to plenty of people that consider themselves "the greatest Sox fans on the planet" who went to sleep prior to the end of Game 3. Unless you're in a coma at the hospital, there's no excuse for a living Sox fan to not be able to watch the full game.

I Agree!!

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 03:48 PM)
Sure...but just because you're a Sox super fan, it doesn't mean you're a good poster/smart baseball person.

For the most part that is what you find when looking at any given sports team message board. Great fans who generally know their own team in and out... then limited knowledge of anything else around the league. Best places for talk are generally baseball blogs... people usually put more time and thought about what they are trying to get across.

QUOTE(MarlinFan84 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 09:05 PM)
I dont know if I am a good poster or not. I just hope I dont come off as trollish.

After what the Marlins did in 2003, you can talk crap about my mom in every post, and I wouldn't have a problem with you. :P

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 03:40 PM)
thats too easy...plenty of non good sox fans stayed up for that one....now if you watched every pitch of the marathon boston game just before the break thats better...tho i think the best one was if you stayed up in 03 to watch the game i believe vs. KC after a long rain delay, the game didnt even start til like 10 and hten colon gave up 8 runs....sox came back to nearly win

Stayed up for both of 'em.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 12:46 PM)
I would have to say a Good poster, brings up something daily, that encourages dialogue.

A good poster is someone who can add something to a thread started by someone else, and of course

the good poster often makes a point others may not have thought of.

Bad posters would be people who rip other posters viewpoints, simply because they dont agree

Bad posters usually dont have their own thoughts about a subject and are quick to judge.

sums it up I think

After reading this, one person comes to mind for me. Thank god that tool was banned a couple years ago. Rowand knows who I'm talking about. lol.

QUOTE(hi8is @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 02:04 PM)
people who get extreamly drunk and then post here... they are the best posters.

You my friend... are a god send! :headbang

QUOTE(T R U @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 12:10 AM)
qwerty is the greatest poster that has ever graced this site

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Even though Fop and Dougly are very, very close.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 12:17 AM)
It's an internet message board, who cares what makes a good poster. This is supposed to be a place where you can come to relax and talk Sox, not become the best poster you can be.

You see this is a definition of a bad poster.. :P

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 12:13 AM)
You my friend... are a god send! :headbang

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Even though Fop and Dougly are very, very close.

This is the only message board I have never posted drunk on. Just wait. It will happen. I average about 5-6 drunk posts a week on other boards.

So, by your definition, I am the best poster in soxtalk history.