White Sox Loser

Butter Parque

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Butter Parque @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 10:44 PM)
I don't know what to make of this loss, great effort late, but the Garland was absolutely disgusting. Feel free to discuss.

Well our manager thought he was pitching good enough to bring out in the 7th for whatever reason.

I don't know what to make of this loss, great effort late, but the Garland was absolutely disgusting. Feel free to discuss.

He has no business getting thrown out there for the start of the 7th with over 100 pitches already. Then Ozzie decides to pitch to Ghey-Rod with 1st base open. Ozzie is really grinding my gears.

i didnt think garland was terrible...certainly nothing im going to worry too much about....he got beat tonight by a good hitting team on the long ball.....obviously not a good start, but to me it wasnt disgusting...those games have been left to freddy and mark over the last month and a half

Edited by daa84

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 03:46 AM)
Garland is going to have his share of starts where he s***s the bed. Unfortunately it happened tonight. He was close to weaseling out of some runs but the homers killed him.

When you can't consistently strike out guys, you're going to give up a lot of 2 strike hits. That same thing happened today. Garland had a pretty good sinker working tonight, but he kept getting burned on his offspeed stuff (which is an average at best pitch).

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 10:45 PM)
He has no business getting thrown out there for the start of the 7th with over 100 pitches already. Then Ozzie decides to pitch to Ghey-Rod with 1st base open. Ozzie is really grinding my gears.

Why pitch to ARod with the infield in? He had the infield back for Abreu. He could have walked ARod and set up for a DP with a great DP candidate in Posada. Unfortunately Ozzie's strategy is questionable, unless you drank too much of the Kool Aid last season and think he does no wrong.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 11:45 PM)

Ozzie kept him in to save his bullpen, which has already been used a lot on streak of 24 consecutive games in 24 days. He wanted to get more out of him to save the pen some work, but it didn't work out. I can't blame Ozzie for that.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 10:54 PM)
Ozzie kept him in to save his bullpen, which has already been used a lot on streak of 24 consecutive games in 24 days. He wanted to get more out of him to save the pen some work, but it didn't work out. I can't blame Ozzie for that.

The White Sox bullpen has been used less than ANY bullpen in baseball. Leaving Garland in to give up another hit, and then yanking him saves the bullpen exactly NOTHING. They still have to get the same amount of outs. Its time Ozzie stops thinking about saving his underused bullpen, and start thinking about saving the White Sox playoff chances. If the bullpen needs help, get another reliever and either tell Gload or Pablo or whoever see you later.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 03:54 AM)

But if you're going to pull him after allowing one hit, you might as well just let the fresh pitcher start that inning. This is an argument many of us have had all year. Why wait for the pitcher to fail...give someone else the chance to come in and pitch better. As you know, our starting pitchers are not pitching to their abilities this year....we can't keep throwing them out there late in games and acting surprised that they're not getting the job done.

QUOTE(Colorado Sox Fan @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 03:54 AM)
If Riske does his job, maybe Sox win. Another ESPN game where we're getting blown out, make an incredible comeback and then fall short. Ugh. Jim Thome, please do something one of these days, meaningless solo homer, strikeout or walk isn't cutting it. Win ballgames for us, stud.

Wait, you're blaming Riske and Thome? Thome just had one of the more impressive weekend series in Sox history in terms of getting on base, and Riske went 2 innings, 1 run in relief. If he was a starter, he'd be our number 2 with those numbers.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 09:56 PM)
The White Sox bullpen has been used less than ANY bullpen in baseball. Leaving Garland in to give up another hit, and then yanking him saves the bullpen exactly NOTHING. They still have to get the same amount of outs. Its time Ozzie stops thinking about saving his underused bullpen, and start thinking about saving the White Sox playoff chances.

Would you say that he was playing for the playoffs last night, using Jenks for 2-2/3 innings? I think he does think about it. It just comes down to our starters not performing. We can't expect to score 6-9 runs a game every game.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 10:45 PM)

Another case of Ozzie not knowing whats going on? Goodness.

QUOTE(ceffa2000 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 10:58 PM)
Would you say that he was playing for the playoffs last night, using Jenks for 2-2/3 innings? I think he does think about it. It just comes down to our starters not performing. We can't expect to score 6-9 runs a game every game.

That's the problem. The starters are not performing, but our manager insists on extending them game after game after game, and it almost always results in more runs scored for the opposition.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 11:00 PM)
Our starting pitching sucks, as does our LF and CF position. If we can get some improvements from those positions, we're going to play better baseball.

The saddest thing about it? We have a replacement for LF (Mackowiak) and we have a replacement for one starter (McCarthy) but our management is just way too stubborn to make any moves. Podsednik is a god in this town, for unknown reasons.

QUOTE(ceffa2000 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 03:58 AM)

Yes, but when your starters are giving up rockets all over the field, it might just be time to take them out after 6 innings against a great team.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 11:00 PM)
Our starting pitching sucks, as does our LF and CF position. If we can get some improvements from those positions, we're going to play better baseball.

Well I was hoping to see bmac in the rotation this year, however according to Ozzie bmac was terrible last year. I guess having a 1.59 ERA down the stretch is horrible and our current rag tag group of starters are a much better option than the super stud that we dont want to trade unless we get a kings ransom.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 10:00 PM)

Its so disheartening for our 2-6 guys to do their job and get on base. Then to know that the next 4 guys are rallys killers waiting to happen. Once in a blue moon you can get something out of them offensively. At least BA can hold his own in CF usually.

QUOTE(Colorado Sox Fan @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 03:54 AM)
If Riske does his job, maybe Sox win. Another ESPN game where we're getting blown out, make an incredible comeback and then fall short. Ugh. Jim Thome, please do something one of these days, meaningless solo homer, strikeout or walk isn't cutting it. Win ballgames for us, stud.

Cant agree more with the Thome comment. He cant get a clutch hit to save his life. May sound crazy but Id rather have ross gload hitting in that situation than Thome. Solo homer in the first inning is not gonna do anything for us. AHHH hes so frustrating

Old cliche. "Dont tell me what you hit, Tell me when you hit it"